With Memorial Day weekend approaching us, we decided to feature a fun, non-traditional recipe for your backyard barbecue. It’s great for a crowd and to easy assemble so you can concentrate on your backyard lawn game. Check out how to make Chicken Fajitas with Grilled Mango!
– 4 chicken breasts
– 4 bell peppers (red and yellow)
– 1 sweet Maui onion
– 2 large mangos
– 3 ears white corn
– corn tortillas, soft taco size
– 2 lemons, juiced
– olive oil
– pepper flakes
– sour cream or Greek yogurt
1. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Set aside while the grill is heating up. When ready, place chicken on grill over medium heat.
2. Slice the bell pepper and onions. Saute on a skillet with olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Shuck the corn and place on the grill.
4. While the vegetables are cooking, slice the mango in large chucks and place on the grill with the chicken.
5. Once everything is cooked to your liking remove and assemble your fajitas. (T.W.O. heated up their tortillas on the barbecue for an extra crisp!)
6. To assemble – place sliced grilled chicken on a tortilla, topped with guacamole, cilantro, salsa, hot sauce and sour cream (or greek yogurt).
Looking for a flavorful meal…well you can stop looking now. T.W.O. is spicing up your night with this Thai Chicken Zoodles recipe with homemade Spicy Peanut Sauce. It’s even healthy, but nobody needs to know that! Happy cooking!
-2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
-1 lb. of chicken breast (seasoned with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Chili Flakes)
– 2 zucchini, julienned peeled
– 1 yellow squash, julienned peeled
– 1 large carrot, spiraled
– 1 red pepper, julienned
– ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, diced
– ¼ cup of green onions, diced
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 4 Tablespoons of Justin’s peanut butter (natural)
– Juice from 1 Lime
– 3 Tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
– 2 Tablespoons of fresh cilantro, diced
– ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
– ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1. In a bowl, mix together garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
2. Heat bbq and cook the seasoned chicken breast until down. Remove and cubed. Cover and set aside.
3. In large bowl, mix zoodles, squash and carrot noodles. Add in chicken, red pepper, fresh cilantro, green onions and spicy peanut sauce. Toss until noodles are coated.
4. Plate and serve!
And Yes, we used a Talenti container to make our Peanut Butter Sauce…who else uses these containers???
It’s simple, flavorful and anyone can do it. Honey Glazed BBQ Chicken. T.W.O. loves sharing fast and easy recipes that will spice up your week day dinners. This recipe involves three ingredients and will be great for a main entrée, topping to a salad or even sliced in a sandwich. Grab your bbq tongs and lets start grilling.
Honey Glazed Chicken
– 4 chicken breast
– ¼ cup organic honey
– 1-2 Tablespoons Lawry’s Season Salt
1. Preheat your bbq.
2. Sprinkle the Lawry’s Season Salt on both sides of the chicken.
3. Spread the honey on the chicken making sure you reach all the surfaces.
4. Once the bbq is ready, add the chicken to the grill. Cook for 20 minutes or until done. Halfway through cooking, spread honey on both sides to create a second layer.
5. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 minute. Plate and enjoy!
Harvest Salads are officially in season and you know what that means? Turn on those ovens and start to roast your vegetables! Exchange your strawberries for dried cranberries or pomegranate seeds and add some candied pumpkin seeds. It’s like a party salad – so much fun! Since everyone has their favorite harvest salad ingredients, T.W.O. decided to focus on how to perfectly roast your vegetable – specifically sweet potatoes. It’s an easy recipe that will add so much flavor to your salad without a ton of work. Grab your apron and let’s start roasting!
– 2 sweet potatoes, washed and cubed
– Olive oil
– Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 415⁰F.
2. Wash and cut the sweet potatoes into small cubes. Place in a bowl.
3. Season the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
4. Place sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
5. Put into heated oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping the sweet potatoes at 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. The sweet potatoes should be a little brown and slightly crispy.
T.W.O. included the following in their salad:
– Baby Romaine
– Pomegranate seeds
– sugar coated pumpkin seeds (from Trader Joes)
– BBQ Honey Glazed Chicken Breasts*
– Granny Smith Apples
– baby heirloom tomatoes
*BBQ Honey Glazed Chicken recipe is coming soon to the blog. Stay tuned!
Chicken, corn and Jalapeño are the three main ingredients in this fresh, flavorful summer salad. It’s a great meal for those bikini-ready diets we are all on this summer. It’s a beautiful salad that tastes even better and will satisfy any audience.
Grilled Chicken and Corn with Jalapeño Lime Dressing
– 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
– 5 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
– 4 ears of corn
-2 bunches scallions, halved
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive-oil
– 4 boneless chicken breasts
– 1 Tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped
– 2 cups cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved
– 1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced
– 2 cups mixed greens
1. Pre-heat the grill.
2. In a bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
3. In a bowl, mix 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and scallions.
4. In another bowl, coat the chicken with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and rosemary; season with salt and pepper.
5. Grill the corn (with some of the husk still on), scallions and chicken over moderate heat, turning occasionally. The scallions will take 5 minutes and the chicken and corn should take around 15 minutes.
6. Chop the scallions into 1-inch pieces. Remove the husks and cut the corn kernels off the cobs. Transfer to a bowl and add tomatoes, basil and half the dressing. Toss.
7. Plate the chopped kale and top with corn salad. Top with the chicken and garnish with lime zest and dressing.
It’s the last day of chopped salad week and since we had left over jerk chicken we are going to create a salad using our left overs and what we had in our cabinet. We all know that cooking can get expensive and wasteful if you aren’t smart about your meals and grocery list. So T.W.O. has the perfect Green Inspired Chopped Salad for you!
The Green Chopped Salad with Jerk Chicken
For the Salad:
– 2-3 heads romaine lettuce
– 4 cups jicama
– 1 cup soy nuts
– 1-2 jerk chicken*
– 2 mangos
– 2 cups cherry heirloom tomatoes
– 2 cups hearts of palm
– 2 cups Persian cucumbers
– 1 cup red and white mixed quinoa, cooked
– 2 ears corn
– Cilantro Lime Dressing
*For the chicken: (Found HERE)
– 2 large chicken breasts
– 1 cup World Harbors Jamaican Style Jerk Marinade
1. Prepare the Jerk Chicken as stated HERE
2. Shuck the corn and place on a microwave safe plate. Cook in microwave for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove and place on heated barbeque. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Make sure to rotate the corn so all the sides cook.
3. Wash and chop all vegetables and fruit. Place in a large bowl.
4. Add the chicken to the pre-heated barbeque. Cook for about 25 minutes or until done. Based the chicken with the remaining marinade 15 minutes into cooking for more flavor.
5. Chopped the cooked chicken breast into cubes and mix into the salad. Add salad dressing, toss and plate.
6. Time to eat!
Summer is one of T.W.O.’s favorite time to cook with fruit! Fruit for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert is a must this time of year. There are so many different ways fruit can be included into a meal – fresh, cooked, barbequed, sautéed, frozen, and blended. This week we decided to add some peaches to one of our favorite barbequed proteins – chicken! This is a great summer dish to have with a glass of Rosé!
Peach & Apricot Rosemary Glazed BBQ Chicken
– ⅓ cup apricot preserves
– 1 cup white wine
– ⅓ cup water
– 4-5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
– 1 peach, sliced into wedges
– 2 chicken breasts
– Salt and Pepper
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Combine apricot preserves, wine, water, 2-3 springs of rosemary and ½ of the peach slices in a sauté or sauce pan over medium heat and stir.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half. Meanwhile, start the barbeque.
4. Baste the chicken with the glaze and tie the rosemary and peaches around the chicken so that it is secure.
4. Place the chicken on the barbeque. Baste the chicken with the glaze each time you flip the chicken. Cook until done.
Summer is officially here in Southern California and you know what that means – barbecue, beach, bikinis and beach cruisers! What goes well with that – of course a BBQ Chicken Salad. It’s hearty, refreshing and also healthy so you can look good in your bikini or swim trunks! Check out how to make this easy weeknight or weekend recipe!
BBQ Chicken Salad with Tortilla Strips and Healthy Ranch
– 2 boneless chicken breasts
– 1 large head of organic romaine, chopped
– 2 ears of corn
– 1 avocado, diced
– 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
– ½ red onion, diced
– Barbeque Sauce (for chicken)
– 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
– Corn Tortillas
– Lawry’s Season Salt
– ½ cup Greek yogurt
– 1/3 cup Cilantro Dressing
– 2 Tablespoon barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 315ᴼ. Cut corn tortillas in strips. Place on a cookie sheet, spray with Pam and add Lawry’s Season Salt. Cook for about 20 minutes or until crispy like chips.
- Heat the barbecue to medium-high heat. Add boneless chicken breasts.
- Put the corn on the grill. Keep the husks on, so it roasts the kernels without burning it.
- While the chicken and corn are cooking, plate the chopped romaine. Add tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, tortilla strips and red onions.
- With about 8 minutes left on the chicken, add barbecue sauce to the chicken. Flip the chicken after 4 minutes and add sauce to the other side.
- To make the dressing: combine, Greek yogurt, cilantro dressing and barbecue sauce.
- Remove the chicken and corn from the grill. Remove the corn kernels from the core and place on the salad.
- Slice the chicken breast and add to the top of the salad. Add dressing.
- You my friend, are ready to serve!
One more day closer to Memorial Day weekend and T.W.O. has one more recipe for you to make! It involves pineapple, mint, lime and honey – – – and no it’s not the drink of the day on the cruise ship. Sounds like it though, right? Anyone want a topper!? Well, we will let you decide after you try this recipe out!
Quinoa Salad with Pineapple Lime Chicken
– 2 large limes, juiced
– 1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint, chopped
– 1 Tablespoon honey
– 2 skinless chicken breasts
– ½ cup uncooked quinoa
– 1 cup water
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil
– ½ sweet onion, sliced
– 4 pineapple rings
– ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
– ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
– 2 Tablespoons coconut flakes
– ¼ cup pineapple juice
– ½ avocado
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, mint and honey. Add the washed chicken breast and mix. Cover and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To make the quinoa: heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on medium-high heat in a medium pan. Toast the uncooked quinoa until slightly brown.
- Pour the quinoa into a large pot filled with the water. Bring to a boil and then cover and turn down to low. The quinoa will be ready once all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat up the barbeque and cook the chicken about 5 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the quinoa, mint, cilantro, mint, pineapple juice and coconut. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the onion rings and pineapple slices on the grill over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes each side. You want to char is a little.
- For the assembly – place the quinoa on a plate, top with sliced chicken, a side of pineapple and onions covered with 2 slices of avocado and cilantro to garnish.
Mediterranean food has been on T.W.O.’s mind lately so we decided to mix up our ordinary chicken meal into a one that will make us feel like we are in Greece! And we did it with some Greek Marinated Chicken kabobs. The marinade includes Greek yogurt, which keep the chicken so moist after barbequing it. Pair this dish with some hummus, orzo, Greek salad and you will be breaking plates all night!
Greek Marinated Chicken
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- For the marinade, combine the yogurt, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and freshly cracked pepper in a bowl. Use a zester to scrape the thin layer of yellow zest from the lemon skin into the bowl. Also add the juice from the lemon. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Add the parsley and stir it into the marinade.
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes. Add the chicken and marinade to a large Ziploc bag. Massage the bag to mix the contents and make sure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate the bag for at least 30 minutes.
- After marinating for 30 minutes, skewer the chicken breasts. Place on the BBQ and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until done.