Mediterranean food has been on T.W.O.’s mind lately so we decided to mix up our ordinary chicken meal into a one that will make us feel like we are in Greece! And we did it with some Greek Marinated Chicken kabobs. The marinade includes Greek yogurt, which keep the chicken so moist after barbequing it. Pair this dish with some hummus, orzo, Greek salad and you will be breaking plates all night!
Greek Marinated Chicken
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- For the marinade, combine the yogurt, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and freshly cracked pepper in a bowl. Use a zester to scrape the thin layer of yellow zest from the lemon skin into the bowl. Also add the juice from the lemon. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Add the parsley and stir it into the marinade.
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes. Add the chicken and marinade to a large Ziploc bag. Massage the bag to mix the contents and make sure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate the bag for at least 30 minutes.
- After marinating for 30 minutes, skewer the chicken breasts. Place on the BBQ and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until done.