With Memorial Day weekend approaching us, we decided to feature a fun, non-traditional recipe for your backyard barbecue. It’s great for a crowd and to easy assemble so you can concentrate on your backyard lawn game. Check out how to make Chicken Fajitas with Grilled Mango!
– 4 chicken breasts
– 4 bell peppers (red and yellow)
– 1 sweet Maui onion
– 2 large mangos
– 3 ears white corn
– corn tortillas, soft taco size
– 2 lemons, juiced
– olive oil
– pepper flakes
– sour cream or Greek yogurt
1. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Set aside while the grill is heating up. When ready, place chicken on grill over medium heat.
2. Slice the bell pepper and onions. Saute on a skillet with olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Shuck the corn and place on the grill.
4. While the vegetables are cooking, slice the mango in large chucks and place on the grill with the chicken.
5. Once everything is cooked to your liking remove and assemble your fajitas. (T.W.O. heated up their tortillas on the barbecue for an extra crisp!)
6. To assemble – place sliced grilled chicken on a tortilla, topped with guacamole, cilantro, salsa, hot sauce and sour cream (or greek yogurt).
We are going to spice this Chopped Salad Week up with a Jerk Chicken & Mango Salad recipe. It’s a great summer salad that anyone can make. It contains protein, fruit and vegetables. The toasted quinoa adds a crunch to the salad without having to include croutons. Grab your salad bowl and lets start chopping!
Jerk Chicken & Mango Chopped Salad with Toasted Quinoa & Avocado
For the Salad:
– 2-3 heads romaine lettuce
– 2 zucchini, chopped
– 2 mangos
– 2 cups cherry heirloom tomatoes
– 2 cups Persian cucumbers
– 1 cup toasted quinoa*
– 2 ears corn
– Cilantro Lime Dressing
For the chicken:
– 2 large chicken breasts
– 1 cup World Harbors Jamaican Style Jerk Marinade
1. Marinate the chicken in the jerk marinade and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. . Remove the chicken from the oven, 15 minutes prior to cooking.
2. Shuck the corn and place on a microwave safe plate. Cook in microwave for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove and place on heated barbeque. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Make sure to rotate the corn so all the sides cook.
3. Wash and chop all vegetables and fruit. Place in a large bowl.
4. Toast the quinoa* . See recipe HERE.
4. Add the chicken to the pre-heated barbeque. Cook for about 25 minutes or until done. Based the chicken with the remaining marinade 15 minutes into cooking for more flavor.
5. Plate the salad and top with sliced chicken and dressing.
6. Time to eat!
Remember that Sriracha Glazed Chicken Kebab recipe posted by T.W.O on Monday? Have you had the chance to try the recipe out? If you haven’t- you better get on it! And if you have, there are most likely leftovers! Hooray! T.W.O. decided to mix it up with the sriracha glazed chicken and add it to a salad! This dish is so refreshing, light, and has a nice balance of a sweet, but spicy kick to it!
–Sriracha Glazed Chicken, diced (link the post here)
*T.W.O. used romaine lettuce
**If you don’t feel like making your own dressing recipe, T.W.O. has discovered a great Cilantro dressing from Trader Joe’s.
First, wash and chop up the lettuce, mango, tomatoes, cucumbers, and mushrooms. Next dice your chicken into cubes. T.W.O. heated up their chicken just a bit before tossing into salad, but it can also be served at room temperature. After all the ingredients are platted, drizzle the dressing on the salad. Easy as that!