This might look like a lemon bar, but sorry to say its not. It’s magic….Lemon Magic Cake that is! It’s a lemony custard dessert that is easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. Find out how to make this piece of deliciousness below. Continue reading “Lemon Magic Cake”
Even though the first day of Spring was last week, Summer is officially here in Southern California. That being said, T.W.O. enjoys firing up their grill and barbecuing fresh seafood. For this Taco Tuesday, we are featuring a Spicy Shrimp Taco Recipe with homemade Chimichurri Sauce. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Ole!
– 1 lb wild shrimp, peeled & cleaned
– 2 Tablespoon olive oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
– 2 teaspoon paprika
– 1 Tablespoon oregano, dry
– 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 3 limes, sliced
– 1 lemon
– 8 corn tortillas,
– cilantro leaves for garnish
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
– 1 small bunch Italian parsley
– 1 small bunch cilantro
– 3 Tablespoon oregano
– 4 -5 large garlic cloves, diced
– juice from 1 lemon
– ⅓ c extra virgin olive oil
– ½ red chile pepper
1. To make the Chimichurri sauce: Using a blender, add the parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and red chile pepper. Blend until smooth. Season with the sea salt and if you need to add more lemon juice to the sauce to make it more liquid now is the time to do so. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl toss together the shrimp with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and red pepper flakes. Season well to your taste with the sea salt.
4. Preheat the BBQ to medium heat. Add the shrimp to the grill for about a minute on each side until it curls up and turns pink; making sure not to overcook it. (Please note T.W.O. skewered their shrimp for best grilling results)
5. Heat the corn tortillas on a low open flame. Assemble the tacos garnishing the tacos with fresh cilantro and lemon or lime juice.
Since St. Patty’s Day is tomorrow, T.W.O. decided to start the party early by making this Guinness Affogato. Its the perfect adult dessert that is rich and creamy and will have you satisfied (and maybe up) all night long! Enjoy!
– Vanilla Ice Cream
– 2 ounces expresso*
– 12 ounces Guinness Beer
* If you don’t have an expresso maker, you can use instant expresso.
1. Put 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream in a large glass or bowl.
2. Pour the espresso over the top of the ice cream, followed by the Guinness.
3. Stir and enjoy.
This past weekend was filled with baking and holiday cheer! One of the items we baked was Cranberry Orange bread. It is an easy recipe that will have your guests in awe and wanting more. The orange zest and juice gives this bread a moist texture as well as a refreshing flavor. Its the perfect holiday gift or treat this season!
Cranberry Orange Bread
-2 cups flour
-1 cup sugar
-1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– ¾ cup orange juice
– 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
– 2 Tablespoons shortening
– 1 egg,
– 1 ½ cups fresh Cranberries, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Mix together orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg using a KitchenAid mixer or handmixer. Mix well. Stir flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan. (T.W.O. used a food processor to chop the cranberries.)
3. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
Pot Roast…doesn’t sound that exciting, but it can be when you add Guinness to the ingredients and slow cook it for a couple hours! T.W.O. made this dish for the UCLA vs USC game a couple weeks back. Go Bruins! Check out how to make this easy and one-pot recipe.
Guinness Pot Roast
– 1 medium size boneless pot roast
– 3 14.9 oz cans Guinness (the extra one in the pack is for you!)
– 1 16 oz can pepperoncini
– 4 cups water
– 2 packages Lipton Onion Soup Mix
– Montreal Steak Seasoning
1. Season the pot roast with Montreal Steak Seasoning on both sides.
2. In a large pot, sear each side of the roast for 6-8 minutes on medium-high heat.
3. Once the roast is seared, add the onion soup mix, 3 cans Guinness, water and peperoncinis.
4. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cook for 3 hours and watch the liquid level. If it starts to get low, add more water or Guinness.
5. After a couple of hours of cooking, turn heat off and serve with your favorite dish. Mashed potatoes would be highly suggested!
It’s simple, flavorful and anyone can do it. Honey Glazed BBQ Chicken. T.W.O. loves sharing fast and easy recipes that will spice up your week day dinners. This recipe involves three ingredients and will be great for a main entrée, topping to a salad or even sliced in a sandwich. Grab your bbq tongs and lets start grilling.
Honey Glazed Chicken
– 4 chicken breast
– ¼ cup organic honey
– 1-2 Tablespoons Lawry’s Season Salt
1. Preheat your bbq.
2. Sprinkle the Lawry’s Season Salt on both sides of the chicken.
3. Spread the honey on the chicken making sure you reach all the surfaces.
4. Once the bbq is ready, add the chicken to the grill. Cook for 20 minutes or until done. Halfway through cooking, spread honey on both sides to create a second layer.
5. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 minute. Plate and enjoy!
What’s trending these days? #everythingFall Right? Well T.W.O. is doing just that in our kitchen. Today we are featuring a classic dish, guacamole, and “Fall’in” it up with pomegranates. The pomegranates add a bit of sweetness, tang and crunch to your classic guacamole recipe. Grab your avocados and lets start chopping.
– 4 small avocados or 2 large
– ½ – ¾ cup POM POM pomegranate seeds
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
– 2-4 Tablespoons Tapatio (pending on preference of spice level)
– Krazy Salt
1. Remove skin and pit from avocados. Place in a bowl.
2. Add garlic powder, lemon juice, Tapatio, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Carefully mix in the pomegranate seeds. Plate and serve with your favorite meal, snack or by itself.
Chicken, corn and Jalapeño are the three main ingredients in this fresh, flavorful summer salad. It’s a great meal for those bikini-ready diets we are all on this summer. It’s a beautiful salad that tastes even better and will satisfy any audience.
Grilled Chicken and Corn with Jalapeño Lime Dressing
– 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
– 5 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
– 4 ears of corn
-2 bunches scallions, halved
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive-oil
– 4 boneless chicken breasts
– 1 Tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped
– 2 cups cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved
– 1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced
– 2 cups mixed greens
1. Pre-heat the grill.
2. In a bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
3. In a bowl, mix 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and scallions.
4. In another bowl, coat the chicken with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and rosemary; season with salt and pepper.
5. Grill the corn (with some of the husk still on), scallions and chicken over moderate heat, turning occasionally. The scallions will take 5 minutes and the chicken and corn should take around 15 minutes.
6. Chop the scallions into 1-inch pieces. Remove the husks and cut the corn kernels off the cobs. Transfer to a bowl and add tomatoes, basil and half the dressing. Toss.
7. Plate the chopped kale and top with corn salad. Top with the chicken and garnish with lime zest and dressing.
Have you ever had a frozen cherry pie? …….I didn’t think so! Well lets change that by making Cherry Crisp Streusel Ice Cream. It tastes exactly like a pie, but it’s frozen! Grab your pitted cherries and ice cream maker and lets start cooking!
Cherry Crisp Streusel Ice Cream
For the crisp:
– 3/4 cup all purpose unbleached flour
– 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
– 3/4 cup old fashion rolled oats
For the cherries:
– 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved
– 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
For the ice cream:
– 2 cups 2% milk
– 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
– 3 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened
– 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
– 2/3 cup granulated sugar
– 2 Tablespoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add butter cubes and use your fingers or a pastry blender to mix the dry ingredients into the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
2. Stir in the oats. Spread the mixture in an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Break into small clumps and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture is brown and crisp. Let cool on the baking sheet and then freeze until ready to use. (Note – you will have extra crisp to top sprinkle on each serving of ice cream.)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine the cherries and sugar in a bowl and toss well to combine. Place the cherries on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let the cherries cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.
1.Combine 2 tbsp. of the milk with the cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. In a medium bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese until smooth. Combine the remaining milk, cream, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Add the vanilla.
2.Bring the mixture to a rolling boil over medium-high heat and boil for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Return to the heat, bring back to a boil, and stir with a spatula until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
3.Whisk the hot milk mixture into the bowl with the cream cheese until smooth. Transfer the mixture to the refrigerator to chill thoroughly before churning.
4. Freeze the chilled mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Layer the ice cream into a storage container with the cherries and a generous amount of the crisp streusel. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
Chips can make or break a meal. We all know everyone fills up on chips before they even get to the main entree. So why waste the calories on fattening, unsatisfying chips? T.W.O. Has the perfect recipe for you to “wow” you guests on the next taco night! Grab you salsa and guacamole because these homemade chips are sure to be a crowd pleaser!!
-1 package corn tortilla chips
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
– 2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Cut tortillas into triangles. Place on a foil lined baking sheet.
3. Brush with olive oil and season with cayenne pepper and salt.
4. Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. The “chips” will become brown, but don’t over cook.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. They will harden as they cool, but serve warm for bet results.