One more day closer to Memorial Day weekend and T.W.O. has one more recipe for you to make! It involves pineapple, mint, lime and honey – – – and no it’s not the drink of the day on the cruise ship. Sounds like it though, right? Anyone want a topper!? Well, we will let you decide after you try this recipe out!
Quinoa Salad with Pineapple Lime Chicken
– 2 large limes, juiced
– 1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint, chopped
– 1 Tablespoon honey
– 2 skinless chicken breasts
– ½ cup uncooked quinoa
– 1 cup water
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil
– ½ sweet onion, sliced
– 4 pineapple rings
– ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
– ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
– 2 Tablespoons coconut flakes
– ¼ cup pineapple juice
– ½ avocado
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, mint and honey. Add the washed chicken breast and mix. Cover and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To make the quinoa: heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on medium-high heat in a medium pan. Toast the uncooked quinoa until slightly brown.
- Pour the quinoa into a large pot filled with the water. Bring to a boil and then cover and turn down to low. The quinoa will be ready once all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat up the barbeque and cook the chicken about 5 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the quinoa, mint, cilantro, mint, pineapple juice and coconut. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the onion rings and pineapple slices on the grill over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes each side. You want to char is a little.
- For the assembly – place the quinoa on a plate, top with sliced chicken, a side of pineapple and onions covered with 2 slices of avocado and cilantro to garnish.
Cupcakes have been trendy for the last five years. Everyone has an opinion about each place – the cake part is too dry, the frosting is too much, it needs more sugar, there is too much butter, etc. Well T.W.O. can ensure you with this Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake recipe you won’t be disappointed. A glass of milk is required to complete this dessert!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
– 1 devil food cake mix
– vegetable oil
– 2 teaspoons vanilla
– 1 stick butter, softened
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter + 1 Tablespoon
– 2 tablespoons milk
– 1 tablespoon vanilla creamer
– 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
– 3 teaspoons vanilla
– mini peanut butter cups
1. Make cupcakes as stated on the box. Add vanilla to the mix. Beat well.
2. Place in muffin tins lined with cupcake holders. Place the batter in the cups. Add a mini peanut butter cup to each muffin tin. Cook as required.
3. While the cupcakes are cooking, beat the butter until fluffy. Add the peanut butter, milk, and creamer. Slowly add in the confectioners sugar and vanilla. Mix until all ingredients make a nice frosting.
4. Once the cupcakes are finished baking and cooled, its time to decorate.
Tired of chicken in your Chinese salad? T.W.O. was too! So we decided to add shrimp AND rice noodles to mix the tradition recipe up! This salad is so easy to make and is great for a summer time dinner – it’s so refreshing, hearty and will make you want seconds!
Chinese Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb Fresh tiger prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 1 Head of Napa cabbage
- 1 ½ cups of Julienne Carrots
- 2 Mandarin oranges, peeled
- ½ Green onions, chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups of Snap Peas
- 2 cups of thin Rice Noodles
- ¼ cup of Lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup of Rice Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Trader Joe’s Island Marinade
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce, reduced-sodium
- Salt & Pepper
- In a bowl, marinade the prawns with lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Sriracha sauce. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut up cabbage and add into a large bowl. Toss in carrots, oranges, green onions, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a bowl. Once it reaches to a boil, remove from heat and add your rice noodles. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Once the noodles are cooked, drain and add rice vinegar. Toss into salad.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together. Toss in with salad mixture.
- Sauté shrimp in a skillet with olive oil. Cook shrimp over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add in the snap peas and cook until shrimp is done.
- Plate salad and top with shrimp.