Opa! T.W.O. headed to Greece for the night and made Lamb kabobs accompanied with fresh vegetables, humus and pita. It was the closest we could get to Mykonos in less than 24 hours. Check out how to make this easy, delicious recipe for your next family dinner. It’s great for a group of people and will have everyone walking away satisfied!
– 3 lb leg of lamb
– 3 large meyer lemons
– 4 Tablespoons Lawry’s season salt
– 3 Tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
– 1 Tablespoons cayenne pepper
– 3 teaspoons coriander
1. Cut up the leg of lamb into cubes. If the leg of lamb has fat surrounding the perimeter, trim it off. Place in a bowl.
2. Add the lemon juice from all three lemons, Lawry’s season salt, garlic cloves, cayenne pepper and coriander. Mix well and let it marinade for at least 30 minutes. If there is no juice at the bottom of the bowl, add more fresh lemon juice.
3. Place on skewers and pour remaining juice on top of the lamb prior to placing on the bbq.
4. Preheat bbq to medium heat. Add the lamb and cook for 20 minutes or until done. Be careful not to overcook, you don’t want chewy lamb.
Mediterranean food has been on T.W.O.’s mind lately so we decided to mix up our ordinary chicken meal into a one that will make us feel like we are in Greece! And we did it with some Greek Marinated Chicken kabobs. The marinade includes Greek yogurt, which keep the chicken so moist after barbequing it. Pair this dish with some hummus, orzo, Greek salad and you will be breaking plates all night!
Greek Marinated Chicken
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- For the marinade, combine the yogurt, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and freshly cracked pepper in a bowl. Use a zester to scrape the thin layer of yellow zest from the lemon skin into the bowl. Also add the juice from the lemon. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Add the parsley and stir it into the marinade.
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes. Add the chicken and marinade to a large Ziploc bag. Massage the bag to mix the contents and make sure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate the bag for at least 30 minutes.
- After marinating for 30 minutes, skewer the chicken breasts. Place on the BBQ and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until done.