Harvest Salads are officially in season and you know what that means? Turn on those ovens and start to roast your vegetables! Exchange your strawberries for dried cranberries or pomegranate seeds and add some candied pumpkin seeds. It’s like a party salad – so much fun! Since everyone has their favorite harvest salad ingredients, T.W.O. decided to focus on how to perfectly roast your vegetable – specifically sweet potatoes. It’s an easy recipe that will add so much flavor to your salad without a ton of work. Grab your apron and let’s start roasting!
– 2 sweet potatoes, washed and cubed
– Olive oil
– Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 415⁰F.
2. Wash and cut the sweet potatoes into small cubes. Place in a bowl.
3. Season the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
4. Place sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
5. Put into heated oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping the sweet potatoes at 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. The sweet potatoes should be a little brown and slightly crispy.
T.W.O. included the following in their salad:
– Baby Romaine
– Pomegranate seeds
– sugar coated pumpkin seeds (from Trader Joes)
– BBQ Honey Glazed Chicken Breasts*
– Granny Smith Apples
– baby heirloom tomatoes
*BBQ Honey Glazed Chicken recipe is coming soon to the blog. Stay tuned!