Chicken, corn and Jalapeño are the three main ingredients in this fresh, flavorful summer salad. It’s a great meal for those bikini-ready diets we are all on this summer. It’s a beautiful salad that tastes even better and will satisfy any audience.
Grilled Chicken and Corn with Jalapeño Lime Dressing
– 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
– 5 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
– 4 ears of corn
-2 bunches scallions, halved
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive-oil
– 4 boneless chicken breasts
– 1 Tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped
– 2 cups cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved
– 1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced
– 2 cups mixed greens
1. Pre-heat the grill.
2. In a bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
3. In a bowl, mix 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and scallions.
4. In another bowl, coat the chicken with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and rosemary; season with salt and pepper.
5. Grill the corn (with some of the husk still on), scallions and chicken over moderate heat, turning occasionally. The scallions will take 5 minutes and the chicken and corn should take around 15 minutes.
6. Chop the scallions into 1-inch pieces. Remove the husks and cut the corn kernels off the cobs. Transfer to a bowl and add tomatoes, basil and half the dressing. Toss.
7. Plate the chopped kale and top with corn salad. Top with the chicken and garnish with lime zest and dressing.