We are going to spice this Chopped Salad Week up with a Jerk Chicken & Mango Salad recipe. It’s a great summer salad that anyone can make. It contains protein, fruit and vegetables. The toasted quinoa adds a crunch to the salad without having to include croutons. Grab your salad bowl and lets start chopping!
Jerk Chicken & Mango Chopped Salad with Toasted Quinoa & Avocado
For the Salad:
– 2-3 heads romaine lettuce
– 2 zucchini, chopped
– 2 mangos
– 2 cups cherry heirloom tomatoes
– 2 cups Persian cucumbers
– 1 cup toasted quinoa*
– 2 ears corn
– Cilantro Lime Dressing
For the chicken:
– 2 large chicken breasts
– 1 cup World Harbors Jamaican Style Jerk Marinade
1. Marinate the chicken in the jerk marinade and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. . Remove the chicken from the oven, 15 minutes prior to cooking.
2. Shuck the corn and place on a microwave safe plate. Cook in microwave for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove and place on heated barbeque. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Make sure to rotate the corn so all the sides cook.
3. Wash and chop all vegetables and fruit. Place in a large bowl.
4. Toast the quinoa* . See recipe HERE.
4. Add the chicken to the pre-heated barbeque. Cook for about 25 minutes or until done. Based the chicken with the remaining marinade 15 minutes into cooking for more flavor.
5. Plate the salad and top with sliced chicken and dressing.
6. Time to eat!