With Memorial Day weekend approaching us, we decided to feature a fun, non-traditional recipe for your backyard barbecue. It’s great for a crowd and to easy assemble so you can concentrate on your backyard lawn game. Check out how to make Chicken Fajitas with Grilled Mango!
– 4 chicken breasts
– 4 bell peppers (red and yellow)
– 1 sweet Maui onion
– 2 large mangos
– 3 ears white corn
– corn tortillas, soft taco size
– 2 lemons, juiced
– olive oil
– pepper flakes
– sour cream or Greek yogurt
1. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Set aside while the grill is heating up. When ready, place chicken on grill over medium heat.
2. Slice the bell pepper and onions. Saute on a skillet with olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Shuck the corn and place on the grill.
4. While the vegetables are cooking, slice the mango in large chucks and place on the grill with the chicken.
5. Once everything is cooked to your liking remove and assemble your fajitas. (T.W.O. heated up their tortillas on the barbecue for an extra crisp!)
6. To assemble – place sliced grilled chicken on a tortilla, topped with guacamole, cilantro, salsa, hot sauce and sour cream (or greek yogurt).
One more day closer to Memorial Day weekend and T.W.O. has one more recipe for you to make! It involves pineapple, mint, lime and honey – – – and no it’s not the drink of the day on the cruise ship. Sounds like it though, right? Anyone want a topper!? Well, we will let you decide after you try this recipe out!
Quinoa Salad with Pineapple Lime Chicken
– 2 large limes, juiced
– 1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint, chopped
– 1 Tablespoon honey
– 2 skinless chicken breasts
– ½ cup uncooked quinoa
– 1 cup water
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil
– ½ sweet onion, sliced
– 4 pineapple rings
– ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
– ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
– 2 Tablespoons coconut flakes
– ¼ cup pineapple juice
– ½ avocado
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, mint and honey. Add the washed chicken breast and mix. Cover and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To make the quinoa: heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on medium-high heat in a medium pan. Toast the uncooked quinoa until slightly brown.
- Pour the quinoa into a large pot filled with the water. Bring to a boil and then cover and turn down to low. The quinoa will be ready once all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat up the barbeque and cook the chicken about 5 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the quinoa, mint, cilantro, mint, pineapple juice and coconut. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the onion rings and pineapple slices on the grill over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes each side. You want to char is a little.
- For the assembly – place the quinoa on a plate, top with sliced chicken, a side of pineapple and onions covered with 2 slices of avocado and cilantro to garnish.
With Memorial Day weekend approaching us, we are ready to fire up the barbeque and start the kickoff to summer off right – what else than a spicy, fresh, dense turkey burger. It’s not your ordinary burger – it’s a protein packed lean patty. Bikini-worthy too!
Corn, Cilantro and Sriracha Turkey Burgers
– 2 pounds lean ground turkey
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
– 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup chopped fresh jalapeño
– 1/2 cup minced red onion
– 1/2 tablespoons sriracha
– 3 teaspoons garlic, chopped
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon coriander
– 1 3/4 teaspoons Krazy Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
– cheese (optional)
– Sriracha ketchup*
* Sriracha ketchup is simply mixing the two ingredients together. The more sriracha – the spicier it is!
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, corn, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, sriracha, garlic, cumin, corainer, salt and pepper
3. Take the mixture and form into four- five patties. Make sure the meat is evenly distributed so it cooks evenly.
4. Cook the turkey burgers for about 6-8 minutes per side or until done. If you want cheese, add to the top of the patty with 2 minutes remaining.
5. Remove from heat and place on toasted buns or lettuce for a carb-free choice.
6. Assemble your burger with all your favorite fixings!
Cheers to some great barbeque over Memorial Day Weekend!