One more day closer to Memorial Day weekend and T.W.O. has one more recipe for you to make! It involves pineapple, mint, lime and honey – – – and no it’s not the drink of the day on the cruise ship. Sounds like it though, right? Anyone want a topper!? Well, we will let you decide after you try this recipe out!
Quinoa Salad with Pineapple Lime Chicken
– 2 large limes, juiced
– 1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint, chopped
– 1 Tablespoon honey
– 2 skinless chicken breasts
– ½ cup uncooked quinoa
– 1 cup water
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil
– ½ sweet onion, sliced
– 4 pineapple rings
– ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
– ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
– 2 Tablespoons coconut flakes
– ¼ cup pineapple juice
– ½ avocado
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, mint and honey. Add the washed chicken breast and mix. Cover and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To make the quinoa: heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on medium-high heat in a medium pan. Toast the uncooked quinoa until slightly brown.
- Pour the quinoa into a large pot filled with the water. Bring to a boil and then cover and turn down to low. The quinoa will be ready once all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat up the barbeque and cook the chicken about 5 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the quinoa, mint, cilantro, mint, pineapple juice and coconut. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the onion rings and pineapple slices on the grill over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes each side. You want to char is a little.
- For the assembly – place the quinoa on a plate, top with sliced chicken, a side of pineapple and onions covered with 2 slices of avocado and cilantro to garnish.