Summer is officially here in Southern California and you know what that means – barbecue, beach, bikinis and beach cruisers! What goes well with that – of course a BBQ Chicken Salad. It’s hearty, refreshing and also healthy so you can look good in your bikini or swim trunks! Check out how to make this easy weeknight or weekend recipe!
BBQ Chicken Salad with Tortilla Strips and Healthy Ranch
– 2 boneless chicken breasts
– 1 large head of organic romaine, chopped
– 2 ears of corn
– 1 avocado, diced
– 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
– ½ red onion, diced
– Barbeque Sauce (for chicken)
– 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
– Corn Tortillas
– Lawry’s Season Salt
– ½ cup Greek yogurt
– 1/3 cup Cilantro Dressing
– 2 Tablespoon barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 315ᴼ. Cut corn tortillas in strips. Place on a cookie sheet, spray with Pam and add Lawry’s Season Salt. Cook for about 20 minutes or until crispy like chips.
- Heat the barbecue to medium-high heat. Add boneless chicken breasts.
- Put the corn on the grill. Keep the husks on, so it roasts the kernels without burning it.
- While the chicken and corn are cooking, plate the chopped romaine. Add tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, tortilla strips and red onions.
- With about 8 minutes left on the chicken, add barbecue sauce to the chicken. Flip the chicken after 4 minutes and add sauce to the other side.
- To make the dressing: combine, Greek yogurt, cilantro dressing and barbecue sauce.
- Remove the chicken and corn from the grill. Remove the corn kernels from the core and place on the salad.
- Slice the chicken breast and add to the top of the salad. Add dressing.
- You my friend, are ready to serve!