Summer is one of T.W.O.’s favorite time to cook with fruit! Fruit for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert is a must this time of year. There are so many different ways fruit can be included into a meal – fresh, cooked, barbequed, sautéed, frozen, and blended. This week we decided to add some peaches to one of our favorite barbequed proteins – chicken! This is a great summer dish to have with a glass of Rosé!
Peach & Apricot Rosemary Glazed BBQ Chicken
– ⅓ cup apricot preserves
– 1 cup white wine
– ⅓ cup water
– 4-5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
– 1 peach, sliced into wedges
– 2 chicken breasts
– Salt and Pepper
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Combine apricot preserves, wine, water, 2-3 springs of rosemary and ½ of the peach slices in a sauté or sauce pan over medium heat and stir.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half. Meanwhile, start the barbeque.
4. Baste the chicken with the glaze and tie the rosemary and peaches around the chicken so that it is secure.
4. Place the chicken on the barbeque. Baste the chicken with the glaze each time you flip the chicken. Cook until done.