It’s the last day of chopped salad week and since we had left over jerk chicken we are going to create a salad using our left overs and what we had in our cabinet. We all know that cooking can get expensive and wasteful if you aren’t smart about your meals and grocery list. So T.W.O. has the perfect Green Inspired Chopped Salad for you!
The Green Chopped Salad with Jerk Chicken
For the Salad:
– 2-3 heads romaine lettuce
– 4 cups jicama
– 1 cup soy nuts
– 1-2 jerk chicken*
– 2 mangos
– 2 cups cherry heirloom tomatoes
– 2 cups hearts of palm
– 2 cups Persian cucumbers
– 1 cup red and white mixed quinoa, cooked
– 2 ears corn
– Cilantro Lime Dressing
*For the chicken: (Found HERE)
– 2 large chicken breasts
– 1 cup World Harbors Jamaican Style Jerk Marinade
1. Prepare the Jerk Chicken as stated HERE
2. Shuck the corn and place on a microwave safe plate. Cook in microwave for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove and place on heated barbeque. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Make sure to rotate the corn so all the sides cook.
3. Wash and chop all vegetables and fruit. Place in a large bowl.
4. Add the chicken to the pre-heated barbeque. Cook for about 25 minutes or until done. Based the chicken with the remaining marinade 15 minutes into cooking for more flavor.
5. Chopped the cooked chicken breast into cubes and mix into the salad. Add salad dressing, toss and plate.
6. Time to eat!