The restaurant Lemonade is pretty popular in Southern California and is sometimes our only option for a quick lunch while on the go. One of our favorite salads at Lemonade is the Mushroom & Israeli Couscous salad. So instead of paying money each time for it, we decided to try and recreate it. Check out the recipe below:
Continue reading “Mushroom & Israeli Couscous Salad”
It’s Fall (well maybe not so much in Orange Count), so T.W.O. is trying out new recipes that will be delicious for those cozy nights at home. In this post, we are taking one of our favorite vegetables, carrots, and spicing it up with coriander. Continue reading “Roasted Coriander Carrots”
Zoodles are healthy noodles….gluten free, nutritious and low fat. Now that we are in the Fall season, we can’t let our bikini bodies go downhill —- so that’s why we are sharing this Asian fusion recipe with you. Add some grilled chicken, fish or flank steak to the top of this dish and you have yourself a meal! Continue reading “Asian Zoodle Salad”
Caprese salads are great, but sometimes they can’t be an entire meal. In this post, T.W.O. adds a caprese salad to the top of the turkey burger. It’s a great weekend or weekday meal to add to your menu. Continue reading “Caprese Turkey Burger”
Schools back in session and the weather is still hot, so no need to spend hours in the kitchen whipping up meals – try this simple, quick and flavorful salad. It’s a great idea for weeknight side dishes or your Saturday barbecue. T.W.O. calls it the ‘kitchen sink’ because it contains such a variety of vegetables and ingredients that you have in your pantry or refrigerator. Enjoy! Continue reading “Kitchen Sink Summer Salad”
Holy Guacamole – We’re grilling avocados! In preparation for this Labor Day weekend, we took our avocados to the grill to add some additional flavor to our summer salad. It’s easy and simply delicious – find out below! Have a great Labor Day weekend! Continue reading “Grilled Avocado Salad”
With the June gloom officially gone, Summer is in full swing! What better way to enjoy this weather than with a refreshing, light salad that will be a great side dish to your next barbecue. In this post, we will be featuring a White Peach Caprese Salad with Arugula. Enjoy! Continue reading “White Peach Caprese with Arugula”
With 4th of July happening this week, T.W.O. has been testing recipes for their big family barbeque. Not only are the fireworks and celebrations the best part of the day – the menu is just as important. There will for sure be some barbecue meat, ice cream sandwiches, homemade ice cream and summer salads. This year, we are adding a watermelon pizza to the mix – it’s refreshing, light and easy to serve for the 4th! (Little preparation required.) Check out how to make this slice of deliciousness:
– Seedless watermelon
– ½ cup balsamic reduction
– ½ cup feta, crumbled
– Sea Salt
1. Slice the watermelon into thick round slices.
2. Plate the rounds and cut diagonally to make slices.
3. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
4. Sprinkle with feta and top with sea salt.
5. Grab a napkin and enjoy your watermelon pizza slice!
Another way to serve:
Instead of a pizza slice, you can cube the watermelon and place in a bowl. Top with balsamic, sea salt and add mint. It’s a great salad to add to your spread!
If you haven’t noticed, cherries are in season right now and most grocery stores have them on sale, so T.W.O. capitalized on this opportunity and bought bags and bags of the delicious red fruit! With all this supply, we tried to incorporate cherries into every meal. Below is a simple, summer recipe that is easy and doesn’t require a lot of prep-work. Add some grilled chicken or flat iron steak and you have yourself a main entrée!
Cherry & Goat Cheese Kale Salad with Pistachios
– 4 – 6 cups baby kale
– 2 cups cherries, pitted and halved
– 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
– 1/2 cup pistachios
– balsamic vinaigrette
– hearts of palm, sliced
1. In a bowl place baby kale, cherries, hearts of palm and pistachios. Mix well.
2. Toss salad with balsamic and sprinkle with goat cheese.
3. Plate and serve.
Looking for a flavorful meal…well you can stop looking now. T.W.O. is spicing up your night with this Thai Chicken Zoodles recipe with homemade Spicy Peanut Sauce. It’s even healthy, but nobody needs to know that! Happy cooking!
-2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
-1 lb. of chicken breast (seasoned with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Chili Flakes)
– 2 zucchini, julienned peeled
– 1 yellow squash, julienned peeled
– 1 large carrot, spiraled
– 1 red pepper, julienned
– ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, diced
– ¼ cup of green onions, diced
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 4 Tablespoons of Justin’s peanut butter (natural)
– Juice from 1 Lime
– 3 Tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
– 2 Tablespoons of fresh cilantro, diced
– ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
– ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1. In a bowl, mix together garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
2. Heat bbq and cook the seasoned chicken breast until down. Remove and cubed. Cover and set aside.
3. In large bowl, mix zoodles, squash and carrot noodles. Add in chicken, red pepper, fresh cilantro, green onions and spicy peanut sauce. Toss until noodles are coated.
4. Plate and serve!
And Yes, we used a Talenti container to make our Peanut Butter Sauce…who else uses these containers???