It’s that day of the week again-Taco Tuesday!! For this week’s taco Tuesday, T.W.O. is featuring their spicy chicken chipotle tacos with a fresh mango salsa. The spice of the chipotle peppers in adobe sauce are complimented well by the zesty, refreshing mango salsa. Try this recipe for your next taco night!
Spicy Chicken Chipotle Tacos with Mango Salsa
-2 Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
-2 cans Embasa chipotle peppers, in adobe sauce
-2 Mangoes, cubed
-4 Cocktail Tomatoes, chopped
-1/2 of a red onion, chopped
-1 Orange bell pepper, chopped
-1/2 of a lemon
-Salt and Pepper
*T.W.O. uses La Tortilla Factory corn tortillas
- Marinate the chicken breasts with the peppers in adobe sauce for at least 2 hours before cooking.
- To make the mango salsa, cut up the mango, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, and cilantro. Season the salsa with salt, pepper and the juice of the limes and lemon. Mix and refrigerate until the chicken is done.
- To cook the chicken, begin by slicing the chicken into thin strips.
- Heat up a skillet medium to high heat. Place chicken, along with the remaining of the marinade into the skillet. Cook until chicken is done.
- Heat up the tortillas and plate. Build your tacos by placing the chicken with sauce and salsa on the tortilla. Garish the taco with a slice of avocado.
One of T.W.O. ‘s favorite proteins to experiment with is chicken because it is eaten more often than any other protein and can get very old if you don’t switch it up! So T.W.O. decided to create a spin on chicken Parmesan and bruschetta by creating a dish using chicken, a garbanzo bean salad, and burrata! Whether it is for a dinner party, family gathering or weeknight meal, you will find this dish to be easy but most of all- gastronomical!
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1 can of garbanzo beans
-Favorite pasta sauce
First, chop garlic and basil and place in a mixing bowl. Next, add garbanzo beans, pasta sauce and fresh ground pepper. You want to add enough sauce just to cover the garbanzo beans and create a little liquid. Let this mixture marinade for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
While the garbanzo bean salad is marinating, start the grill. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken onto grill and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until done. Meanwhile, turn on your oven to 425° and take the garbanzo bean salad out of the refrigerator. When the chicken is done, place the chicken breasts into a Pyrex and top with the garbanzo bean salad. (You will have left over salad if you only use 2 chicken breasts, but it makes for a great side dish or snack while cooking!)
Put the Pyrex into the oven for 3-5 minutes. Next, place the burrata cheese over the garbanzo bean salad and put in the oven.
Allow the cheese to melt for about 2 minutes and then turn the oven on broil. Let the dish broil for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese gets a little brown. Once this is done, take the chicken out of the oven and get ready to serve!