Buying the best fish is important to T.W.O. We don’t buy farmed raised and we like it fresh. Wilder the better! Anyways, this time we were at the market the Halibut caught our eye. It was a beautiful filet of fish and we couldn’t wait to come home and grill it! We wanted to keep the recipe simple, yet full of flavor. Check out this recipe below that is easy, delicious and will be sure to melt in your melt in your mouth. (Unless you burn the filet!!)
Grilled Halibut with Roasted Tomatoes & Squash
– 1-2 lemons
– 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
– 2 cups zucchini squash, halved
– 1 cups onion, chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 2-3 tsp olive oil
1. Fire up the grill and turn oven on to 425⁰F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper for roasting and another baking sheet with foil for the fish.
2. Season the fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Before placing the fish on the foil, squeeze lemon on the foil so the fish does not stick. Let it sit.
3. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes, zucchini, onions and garlic on the parchment paper. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss. Place into the oven and roast for about 25-30 minutes.
4. After the tomato medley has been in the oven for about 15 minutes, take the fish to the grill. Carefully move the fish (still on the foil) to the grill, removing the baking sheet. Grill for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size/thickness of the fish.
5.Once the fish is done, remove from grill and plate. Spoon the tomato medley over the fish to complete the dish.
One Sunday afternoon we decided to spice up our quinoa bowl with some fresh veggies and chicken. It wasn’t complete without the sriracha garnish. Check out how to make this healthy and flavorful dish for your next Sunday Night Dinner.
Quinoa Circus Bowl
– 2 cups quinoa
– 4 cups water
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
– 1 cup carrots, chopped
– 1 cup hearts of palm, sliced
– 2 cups Brussel sprouts
– 2 cups broccoli
– 4 Tablespoons olive oil
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
– 2 chicken breast*
– Krazy Salt
* Marinate your chicken breast with Lawrys Season Salt.
1. Preheat the bbq. Chop the brussel spouts and broccoli. Dress with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and Krazy Salt. Add the chicken to the bbq along with the brussel sprouts. (Brussel sprouts should go on a grilling pan or foil.
2. In a sauce pan, bring the water to a boil. Once the water is ready, add the quinoa, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Mix and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Mix in the remaining 2 Tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice.
4. Remove the chicken and brussel sprouts once done.
5. Plate the quinoa, top with the vegetables and sliced chicken. Top with sriracha.
Summer is coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean you have to start eating Fall food. T.W.O. loves making this Chickpea Salad for a side-dish, an entrée, a topping to a salad or even an appetizer. (Great idea for a modified version of a bruschetta.) How ever you want to serve it – this recipe will sure be a hit!
– 2 cans Garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
– 1 ½ cups red tomatoes, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
– 4 green onions, chopped
– 1 garlic clove, diced
– 2 Tablespoon olive oil
– ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
– 1/3 cup lemon juice
– Garlic Powder
– Salt & Pepper
1. Place the beans and vegetables into a large bowl and toss.
2. Mix in the olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice.
3. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
It’s summer time and who wants to turn their stove on? We don’t! Well, at least T.W.O. tries to avoid it! We whipped up this “couscous” cauliflower recipe for a side dish one Friday evening. When cauliflower is put into a food processor, the consistency is very much that of the real couscous. It’s a great gluten-free alternative for couscous and still has extraordinary taste and texture! It is a must try!
Cauliflower Couscous Salad
– 1 head of cauliflower, cut into chuncks
– 1 red bell pepper, diced small
– 1 yellow bell pepper, diced small
– 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
– 3 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
– 3 Tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
– 3 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– Spicy Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette (recipe below)
1. Place half of the cut cauliflower florets to the bowl of a food processor and process for a few seconds or until the cauliflower resembles couscous. Place into a bowl and repeat for the remaining cauliflower chunks.
2. To the processed cauliflower, add the remaining ingredients including the vinaigrette. Add as much vinaigrette as you wish. Season with pepper and salt. Toss and serve.
Spicy Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette Ingredients
– 1 cloves garlic
– Zest of 1 lemon
– 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1 Tablespoon fresh dill
– 1 Tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley
– 1 Tablespoon fresh mint leaves
-2 teaspoons sugar
– 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
– ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 3 Tablespoons olive oil
Add all ingredients up to and including the red pepper flakes into the bowl of a food processor and process to blend well. Add the olive oil slowly while processor is running. Blend well. Use immediately or keep covered in the fridge.
Chicken kebabs, beef kebabs and fish kebabs seem to be the most popular type of kebab around these days, so T.W.O decided to change things up and make ground lamb kebabs! The aromas of this dish makes you feel like you are in Greece and will no doubt satisfy your taste buds. And the best part of this recipe is that it is easy- great for your next summer BBQ!
– 3 lbs lean ground lamb
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 1 Tablespoon ginger root, peeled and chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
– 1½ teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 2 teaspoon ground coriander
– 2 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoon ground pepper
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
– 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
– 3 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
– Salt & Pepper
1. Place the ground lamb into a large bowl. Add in the rest of the kebab ingredients and mix until well combines. Marinade in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, prepare yogurt sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Fire up the grill. Divide the ground meat mixture into equal parts (about 6) and roll these into a sausage shape. Insert a bamboo stick into each kebab.
4. Place kebabs on the grill and cook 6 minutes on each side, or until done.
T.W.O. has been using their barbecue a lot these past couple of weeks since it’s been so nice out. We decided to take our salad to the grill and whip up a roasted broccoli salad. Grab your tongs and chef’s hat and lets start grilling!
Roasted Broccoli Salad
– 2 large heads of broccoli
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil + some for brushing
– 2 red onions
– 3 cups cherry tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes, chopped
– 2 ½ Tablespoons red wine vinegar
– Shaved manchego cheese, for serving
– Krazy Salt
1. Preheat the barbecue.
2. Cut the broccoli heads lengthwise into ¾ inch thick steaks. Brush with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill over medium heat for about 7 minutes or until the broccoli is lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a baking sheet to cool. Cut the broccoli steaks into 4 sections.
4. While the broccoli is cooling, cut the red onions crosswise in ½ inch sections. Brush with olive oil and place on the grill for about 5 minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet.
5. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the 2 Tablespoon of olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the red onions and broccoli and mix well. Plate the salad and top with shaved manchego cheese.
6. Ready to eat!
Happy summer cooking!
Ever need a crunch in your salad that is healthy and doesn’t contain sugar or carbs? Well, T.W.O. has an idea for your – Polenta Croutons. It’s easy, fast and will be sure to add a crunch to your next meal!
– 1 log organic polenta
– Krazy Salt
1. Preheat oven to 415º.
2. Cube the polenta and place on an cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.
3. Sprinkle Krazy Salt to the polenta cubes and mix.
4. Cook for about 30 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
5. Add to your favorite salad!
Tired of chicken in your Chinese salad? T.W.O. was too! So we decided to add shrimp AND rice noodles to mix the tradition recipe up! This salad is so easy to make and is great for a summer time dinner – it’s so refreshing, hearty and will make you want seconds!
Chinese Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb Fresh tiger prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 1 Head of Napa cabbage
- 1 ½ cups of Julienne Carrots
- 2 Mandarin oranges, peeled
- ½ Green onions, chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups of Snap Peas
- 2 cups of thin Rice Noodles
- ¼ cup of Lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup of Rice Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Trader Joe’s Island Marinade
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce, reduced-sodium
- Salt & Pepper
- In a bowl, marinade the prawns with lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Sriracha sauce. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut up cabbage and add into a large bowl. Toss in carrots, oranges, green onions, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a bowl. Once it reaches to a boil, remove from heat and add your rice noodles. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Once the noodles are cooked, drain and add rice vinegar. Toss into salad.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together. Toss in with salad mixture.
- Sauté shrimp in a skillet with olive oil. Cook shrimp over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add in the snap peas and cook until shrimp is done.
- Plate salad and top with shrimp.
Taco Tuesday! Today, T.W.O. will be featuring a carne taco con batatas. Batatas? Yes – Batatas….Sweet Potatoes! Grab your apron and lets start grilling!!!
Grilled Tri-tip Tacos with Sweet Potatoes and Peppers
– 1 tri-tip roast, seasoned*
– 3 bell peppers (yellow, red, orange)
– ½ sweet onion, chopped
– 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
– ¼ cup lemon juice
– 3 Tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– Corn tortillas
– Sour cream
– Fresh guacamole
* Season tri-tip roast with Montreal Steak seasoning prior to putting on the grill.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place the cubed sweet potato on a cookie sheet. Season with 1 Tablespoon, olive oil, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place in oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, place the tri-tip on a heated barbeque. Cook for 30 minutes or until done.
- In a sauté pan, add 2 Tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice. Add the vegetables. Sautee for 10-15 minutes or until done to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When all the ingredients are done cooking, place the tortillas on the barbeque to heat up.
- Final steps – assembly! Create your masterpiece by combining all your ingredients into a freshly grilled tortilla!
Cheers to another T.W.O. Taco Night!