It’s that day of the week again-Taco Tuesday!! For this week’s taco Tuesday, T.W.O. is featuring their spicy chicken chipotle tacos with a fresh mango salsa. The spice of the chipotle peppers in adobe sauce are complimented well by the zesty, refreshing mango salsa. Try this recipe for your next taco night!
Spicy Chicken Chipotle Tacos with Mango Salsa
-2 Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
-2 cans Embasa chipotle peppers, in adobe sauce
-2 Mangoes, cubed
-4 Cocktail Tomatoes, chopped
-1/2 of a red onion, chopped
-1 Orange bell pepper, chopped
-1/2 of a lemon
-Salt and Pepper
*T.W.O. uses La Tortilla Factory corn tortillas
- Marinate the chicken breasts with the peppers in adobe sauce for at least 2 hours before cooking.
- To make the mango salsa, cut up the mango, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, and cilantro. Season the salsa with salt, pepper and the juice of the limes and lemon. Mix and refrigerate until the chicken is done.
- To cook the chicken, begin by slicing the chicken into thin strips.
- Heat up a skillet medium to high heat. Place chicken, along with the remaining of the marinade into the skillet. Cook until chicken is done.
- Heat up the tortillas and plate. Build your tacos by placing the chicken with sauce and salsa on the tortilla. Garish the taco with a slice of avocado.
Taco Tuesday! T.W.O. loves incorporating fresh vegetables in their meals and what better way to complete tacos than making a fresh roasted corn salsa. The sweet, savory grilled steak and the crunch of the corn makes this one of our favorite Taco Tuesday recipes. Grab your friends, chips, salsa and guacamole and getting ready for a real treat!
– 2 ½ pounds flap meat steak
– 2 cups Island Soyaki marinade (Trader Joes)
– 12 green onions
– 4 ears of corn, husked
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil
– 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
– 2 teaspoons lime zest
– 2 Tablespoon lime juice
– 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 can Embasa chipotle peppers, in adobe sauce
– 12 corn tortillas*
– Salt & Pepper to taste
* T.W.O. uses La Tortilla Factory corn tortillas.
Marinate steak for a minimum of 2 hours prior to barbequing. When you are ready to start barbequing, remove the meat from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
In the meantime, brush the corn and green onions with olive oil. Place the corn on the barbeque for about 20 minutes. Make sure you flip the corn so that all sides cook. With 5 minutes remaining add the whole green onions.
Once the corn and green onions are done, remove from grill and replace with the steak. Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
While the steak is cooking, cut the corn off the cob and green onions. Place in a bowl. Mix in cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, lemon juice, chipotle peppers and salt and pepper. Set aside.
Remove the steak from the grill and heat the corn tortillas. Warming up the tortillas is optional. Once done, place the tortillas on a plate. Thinly slice the flap meat and place on the tortillas. Add the corn salsa. That’s a wrap!
Enjoy your Taco Tuesday!