For the month of September, T.W.O. is going to focus on appetizers that don’t involve cheese. Crazy right? I know we all love a charcuterie plate filled with cheese – goat cheese, port salud, manchego and gouda just to name a few, but we are going to think outside the box this month and feature some alternative appetizers. Our first post is filled with veggies – carrots, snap peas and hummus. It’s a light appetizer that won’t fill up your guests prior to dinner. Did we mention it is healthy too? Grab your favorite hummus and lets start appetizing.
The Ultimate Veggie and Hummus Platter
– Rice crackers
– Snap peas
– Romaine lettuce leaves
1. Place romaine lettuce on a serving tray. Top with your hummus.
2. Add your vegetables and crackers.
3. Ready to serve!
It’s easy as 1-2-3!
Summer is just around the corner and we all are thinking about those bikinis and boardshorts. Cut the sugar and carbs? Run more? Well what ever you are doing to get beach-bod ready, be sure to try this recipe out. It is healthy, refreshing, light and satisfying.
Zucchini Noodle Pasta with Artichoke Hearts and Burrata
– 2 large zucchini
– 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
– 1 cup pasta sauce*
– 1 large round of burrata
* T.W.O. used Trader Joes Rustico Pomodoro Pasta Sauce
- Using a julienne peeler, peel the zucchini lengthwise. Place in a bowl.
- Heat up pasta sauce.
- Slice artichoke hearts and add to bowl with the noodles.
- Place noodles in artichoke hearts in bowls. Top with pasta sauce.
- Separate the burrata into two slices and add to the top of the sauce. The heat of the sauce will melt the cheese a bit. (That’s a good thing!)