A couple weekends ago T.W.O. headed to Santa Barbara for our sister-in-laws baby shower. Before the shower we stopped in at the Santa Barbara Public Market to check out the scene and experience it for ourselves. We weren’t disappointed! It’s a great public market with a variety of vendors-meat, cheese, baked goods, health foods, olive oil and wine! It’s reminded us of the Ferry Building in San Francisco-smaller scale version.
It’s Memorial Day Weekend, A Birthday Celebration, Kickoff to Summer and Barbecue Season – – – so let’s have a Hamptons Theme Birthday Party. Class, Class Class! Check out how T.W.O. made our mom’s birthday special! From the barbecue ribs, summer salads, corn on the cob, cheese platters, DIY decorations, rose and bubbly we all had a great time! We even surprised our mom with a “Singing Flash Mob” – Say a Little Prayer like in the scene of My Best Friend’s Wedding. (That is the reason for 14 paper crabs!) If it wasn’t for the help of our family with the food and decorations, we couldn’t have pulled off such a fun celebration!
Ever need a crunch in your salad that is healthy and doesn’t contain sugar or carbs? Well, T.W.O. has an idea for your – Polenta Croutons. It’s easy, fast and will be sure to add a crunch to your next meal!
– 1 log organic polenta
– Krazy Salt
1. Preheat oven to 415º.
2. Cube the polenta and place on an cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.
3. Sprinkle Krazy Salt to the polenta cubes and mix.
4. Cook for about 30 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
5. Add to your favorite salad!
Decorating. Design. Deals! T.W.O. has been having a great time finding some great items for their home decorating project! This past weekend, we stumbled upon some fabulous items for our coffee table. The color scheme throughout our house is neutrals with some blue accent pieces. Most of our beautiful wood furniture (coffee table, media chest, dinner room table) are all on the darker side, so we needed to tie in some neutral accessories. To do so, we made our merry way down to HomeGoods and bought these wonderful tabletop pieces! We left the store with some lovely treasures – without emptying our wallets!
Thank you HomeGoods!
It’s Lemon Week!!
This week, T.W.O. will be featuring some recipes and creative ideas that all include lemons! Every year, around this time, the famous family lemon tree is full of fruit! The tree produces so many lemons, so we like to come up with different ways to use them so they don’t go to waste! We look forward to sharing our ideas and hope that the next time you are given lemons, you think of T.W.O.’s lemon ideas!
Decorating with lemons is one of T.W.O.’s favorite things to do with the fruit. Just grab a vase, some fresh picked lemons, and bam- you have yourself a nice table centerpiece!
Another idea is to gift lemons! Add fresh lemons to a gift basket! It adds color and is a great filler between the other items in the basket.
Lemons make life so much brighter!
We all make New Year’s Resolutions and most of them involve EXERCISING. Here are a couple ways to stay fit and feel healthy in the New Year:
1. Take the stairs instead of the elevator
2. Sit on an exercise ball while watching TV
3. Take a break from desk work and walk around the office building at least once a day
4. Try a new exercise class like Pilates or boxing
5. When you wake up or before you go to bed, do 3 sets of 1 minute planks. (That is only 3 minutes out of your day)
6. Use your canned vegetables or soup as weights while cooking (3 sets of 20 curls)
7. Sit up straight in your chair…don’t slouch. This will help you keep a strong core and prevent back problems.
8. On the weekends, ride your bike or walk instead of driving
9. Take hikes instead of watching TV
The key to accomplishing your goals is to find a fit-buddy and encourage each other! Before you know it, summer will be here and you know what that means…swimsuit time!
After nine and a half years, it was time for T.W.O. to be back in the same city. We went to college in different cities – San Diego and Santa Barbara- and then we began our careers in different cities – San Diego and San Francisco. Five and a half years of living in San Francisco, K will be now moving back to the sunny, sandal wearing, coastal part of California. San Francisco was a great chapter and this post will be dedicated to some of the best moments K had in San Francisco. Along the way friends were made, goals completed, became Vice President of the Walk to Work Club, volunteered, experienced city living, shared many laughs, captured many moments with the camera and most importantly learned more about myself. I am truly going to miss my family and my friends that still live back in SF, but I know that I will be visiting. You can take the girl out of the city, but you can’t keep her from visiting! Cheers to memories that will stay with me forever!
Bay Area Sporting Events
Ciao Ciao San Francisco!
T.W.O’s Design Board
1. Williams-Sonoma: Apilco Gold Rimmed Dinner Plates; 2. Zara: Red Christmas glass
3. Waterford Crystal Lismore Essence Gold Iced Beverage Glass
4. Pottery Barn: Kirkwood Plaid Napkins; 5. Joann: Burlap Fabric
6. Pottery Barn: Caterer’s Table Runner – Red; 7. Pottery Barn: Santa Mugs