We all make New Year’s Resolutions and most of them involve EXERCISING. Here are a couple ways to stay fit and feel healthy in the New Year:
1. Take the stairs instead of the elevator
2. Sit on an exercise ball while watching TV
3. Take a break from desk work and walk around the office building at least once a day
4. Try a new exercise class like Pilates or boxing
5. When you wake up or before you go to bed, do 3 sets of 1 minute planks. (That is only 3 minutes out of your day)
6. Use your canned vegetables or soup as weights while cooking (3 sets of 20 curls)
7. Sit up straight in your chair…don’t slouch. This will help you keep a strong core and prevent back problems.
8. On the weekends, ride your bike or walk instead of driving
9. Take hikes instead of watching TV
The key to accomplishing your goals is to find a fit-buddy and encourage each other! Before you know it, summer will be here and you know what that means…swimsuit time!
One thought on “Stay Fit in 2014”
Easier done than said 🙂
For some inspiration, have a little browse of my blog http://fitnessontoast.com