Now that you know how to “Stay Fit in 2014,” why not compliment it with some healthy recipes! It’s only been a week into the New Year and T.W.O. decided to recap on 2013’s healthy recipes so you can jump start your clean-eating and not push it back a week or T.W.O. to wait for us! Take a look at some of these delicious and nutritious bites that will start your year off right!
Just hover over the picture so that you can see the name of the dish and then search for it in our recipe section! It’s that easy!
Sriracha Chicken Kabobs
Fresh Tomato Bun Burger with Avocado
Grilled Peach Caprese Chicken Salad
Roasted Butternut Squash Harvest Salad
Zucchini Noodles with Low-Fat Pesto
Harvest Quinoa Salad
Spaghetti Squash with Ground Turkey, Swiss Chard, Cranberries & Spicy Dijon, Lemon Vinaigrette
Roasted Butternut Squash with Swiss Chard
Roasted Brussesl Sprouts
Grilled Peach Crostini
We all make New Year’s Resolutions and most of them involve EXERCISING. Here are a couple ways to stay fit and feel healthy in the New Year:
1. Take the stairs instead of the elevator
2. Sit on an exercise ball while watching TV
3. Take a break from desk work and walk around the office building at least once a day
4. Try a new exercise class like Pilates or boxing
5. When you wake up or before you go to bed, do 3 sets of 1 minute planks. (That is only 3 minutes out of your day)
6. Use your canned vegetables or soup as weights while cooking (3 sets of 20 curls)
7. Sit up straight in your chair…don’t slouch. This will help you keep a strong core and prevent back problems.
8. On the weekends, ride your bike or walk instead of driving
9. Take hikes instead of watching TV
The key to accomplishing your goals is to find a fit-buddy and encourage each other! Before you know it, summer will be here and you know what that means…swimsuit time!
Chicken or beef? Red of green sauce? What is your favorite enchilada? T.W.O. sure enjoys a chicken and green sauce enchilada! Both flour and corn tortillas! This time we decided to feature these enchiladas with flour. This dish makes for a great weeknight or weekend dinner! So next time you are in the mood for a fiesta, make this dish and you and your guests will be doing the “La cucaracha!”
-Cooked chicken, diced*
-Green Enchilada sauce
-Green onions, chopped
-Ortega chilies, diced
-Black olives, diced
-Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
*T.W.O. used a Costco pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.
Begin by pouring some enchilada sauce on the bottom of the Pyrex. This will prevent the enchiladas from sticking.
Next, lay a tortilla flat. Place chicken, mushrooms, green onions, Ortega chilies and black olives down the center of the tortilla. Then add your cheese and some enchilada sauce.
Now its time to roll it up! Place the enchilada into the Pyrex and repeat for the rest of the tortillas. Once you are done, pour the enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with cheese.
Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes. Once the enchiladas are out of the oven, allow it to sit for about 5-10 minutes prior to serving.