T.W.O. is up early and ready to burn off the Christmas calories. We put on some of our new Nike gear we got for Christmas and took it for a test run followed by a Pilates class. Check out our new workout clothes below. Hope you all get out there and shape-it out too! #weruntoeat
Next week is Christmas and T.W.O. has the perfect appetizer for you to serve! It’s a festive, light and flavorful spin on your traditional baked brie. Check out how to make this cranberry, brie & caramelized onion tart that will be a crowd pleaser. (Adapted from Stella Artois)
-1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
-1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
-1 large yellow onion, diced
-¼ cup brown sugar
-¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
-⅓ cup water
-1 cup fresh cranberries
-1 teaspoon oregano
-2 ounces Brie, sliced into ¼-inch-thick pieces
-Freshly ground pepper
In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet set over low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter starts to foam, add olive oil, brown sugar and ground pepper. Cook the onions over medium heat for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
In a small saucepan set over medium heat, combine sugar and 1/3 cup water. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then add cranberries. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Drain and set cranberries aside.
While the onions are cooking, take the defrosted puff pastry and lay on a greased cookie sheet. Using a small butter knife score a ½-inch border around the end of the square. This will make a “crust” for the tart.
Once the onions are done, spread the evenly across the puff pastry. Sprinkle oregano and cheese and cranberries on top.
Cook the tart for 15-20 minutes. Once done, remove the tart from the oven and let it sit for 5minutes prior to cutting.
T.W.O’s Design Board
1. Williams-Sonoma: Apilco Gold Rimmed Dinner Plates; 2. Zara: Red Christmas glass
3. Waterford Crystal Lismore Essence Gold Iced Beverage Glass
4. Pottery Barn: Kirkwood Plaid Napkins; 5. Joann: Burlap Fabric
6. Pottery Barn: Caterer’s Table Runner – Red; 7. Pottery Barn: Santa Mugs
1. Topshop Crepe Shift Dress; 2. J.Crew Classic Pave Link Bracelet; 3. Boutique by Jaeger Top in Woven Jacquard 4. Kenneth Jay Lane: Teardrop-Beaded Statement Necklace; 5.Warehouse Gold Jacquard Skirt