T.W.O. has been using their barbecue a lot these past couple of weeks since it’s been so nice out. We decided to take our salad to the grill and whip up a roasted broccoli salad. Grab your tongs and chef’s hat and lets start grilling!
Roasted Broccoli Salad
– 2 large heads of broccoli
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil + some for brushing
– 2 red onions
– 3 cups cherry tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes, chopped
– 2 ½ Tablespoons red wine vinegar
– Shaved manchego cheese, for serving
– Krazy Salt
1. Preheat the barbecue.
2. Cut the broccoli heads lengthwise into ¾ inch thick steaks. Brush with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill over medium heat for about 7 minutes or until the broccoli is lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a baking sheet to cool. Cut the broccoli steaks into 4 sections.
4. While the broccoli is cooling, cut the red onions crosswise in ½ inch sections. Brush with olive oil and place on the grill for about 5 minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet.
5. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the 2 Tablespoon of olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the red onions and broccoli and mix well. Plate the salad and top with shaved manchego cheese.
6. Ready to eat!
Happy summer cooking!