Tired of chicken in your Chinese salad? T.W.O. was too! So we decided to add shrimp AND rice noodles to mix the tradition recipe up! This salad is so easy to make and is great for a summer time dinner – it’s so refreshing, hearty and will make you want seconds!
Chinese Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb Fresh tiger prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 1 Head of Napa cabbage
- 1 ½ cups of Julienne Carrots
- 2 Mandarin oranges, peeled
- ½ Green onions, chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups of Snap Peas
- 2 cups of thin Rice Noodles
- ¼ cup of Lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup of Rice Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Trader Joe’s Island Marinade
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce, reduced-sodium
- Salt & Pepper
- In a bowl, marinade the prawns with lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Sriracha sauce. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut up cabbage and add into a large bowl. Toss in carrots, oranges, green onions, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a bowl. Once it reaches to a boil, remove from heat and add your rice noodles. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Once the noodles are cooked, drain and add rice vinegar. Toss into salad.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together. Toss in with salad mixture.
- Sauté shrimp in a skillet with olive oil. Cook shrimp over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add in the snap peas and cook until shrimp is done.
- Plate salad and top with shrimp.