Summer is coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean you have to start eating Fall food. T.W.O. loves making this Chickpea Salad for a side-dish, an entrée, a topping to a salad or even an appetizer. (Great idea for a modified version of a bruschetta.) How ever you want to serve it – this recipe will sure be a hit!
– 2 cans Garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
– 1 ½ cups red tomatoes, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
– 4 green onions, chopped
– 1 garlic clove, diced
– 2 Tablespoon olive oil
– ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
– 1/3 cup lemon juice
– Garlic Powder
– Salt & Pepper
1. Place the beans and vegetables into a large bowl and toss.
2. Mix in the olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice.
3. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3 thoughts on “Chickpea Salad”
This is so simple and easy to make. I love chickpeas, and this really is the perfect summer salad. Maybe as a side dish with roast chicken.
Such a delicious, easy to make and easy to please recipe 🙂 Thanks for sharing!!
That looks yummy! On my list to try!