Buying the best fish is important to T.W.O. We don’t buy farmed raised and we like it fresh. Wilder the better! Anyways, this time we were at the market the Halibut caught our eye. It was a beautiful filet of fish and we couldn’t wait to come home and grill it! We wanted to keep the recipe simple, yet full of flavor. Check out this recipe below that is easy, delicious and will be sure to melt in your melt in your mouth. (Unless you burn the filet!!)
Grilled Halibut with Roasted Tomatoes & Squash
– 1-2 lemons
– 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
– 2 cups zucchini squash, halved
– 1 cups onion, chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 2-3 tsp olive oil
1. Fire up the grill and turn oven on to 425⁰F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper for roasting and another baking sheet with foil for the fish.
2. Season the fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Before placing the fish on the foil, squeeze lemon on the foil so the fish does not stick. Let it sit.
3. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes, zucchini, onions and garlic on the parchment paper. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss. Place into the oven and roast for about 25-30 minutes.
4. After the tomato medley has been in the oven for about 15 minutes, take the fish to the grill. Carefully move the fish (still on the foil) to the grill, removing the baking sheet. Grill for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size/thickness of the fish.
5.Once the fish is done, remove from grill and plate. Spoon the tomato medley over the fish to complete the dish.