It’s summer time and who wants to turn their stove on? We don’t! Well, at least T.W.O. tries to avoid it! We whipped up this “couscous” cauliflower recipe for a side dish one Friday evening. When cauliflower is put into a food processor, the consistency is very much that of the real couscous. It’s a great gluten-free alternative for couscous and still has extraordinary taste and texture! It is a must try!
Cauliflower Couscous Salad
– 1 head of cauliflower, cut into chuncks
– 1 red bell pepper, diced small
– 1 yellow bell pepper, diced small
– 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
– 3 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
– 3 Tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
– 3 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– Spicy Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette (recipe below)
1. Place half of the cut cauliflower florets to the bowl of a food processor and process for a few seconds or until the cauliflower resembles couscous. Place into a bowl and repeat for the remaining cauliflower chunks.
2. To the processed cauliflower, add the remaining ingredients including the vinaigrette. Add as much vinaigrette as you wish. Season with pepper and salt. Toss and serve.
Spicy Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette Ingredients
– 1 cloves garlic
– Zest of 1 lemon
– 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1 Tablespoon fresh dill
– 1 Tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley
– 1 Tablespoon fresh mint leaves
-2 teaspoons sugar
– 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
– ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 3 Tablespoons olive oil
Add all ingredients up to and including the red pepper flakes into the bowl of a food processor and process to blend well. Add the olive oil slowly while processor is running. Blend well. Use immediately or keep covered in the fridge.