Even though the first day of Spring was last week, Summer is officially here in Southern California. That being said, T.W.O. enjoys firing up their grill and barbecuing fresh seafood. For this Taco Tuesday, we are featuring a Spicy Shrimp Taco Recipe with homemade Chimichurri Sauce. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Ole!
– 1 lb wild shrimp, peeled & cleaned
– 2 Tablespoon olive oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
– 2 teaspoon paprika
– 1 Tablespoon oregano, dry
– 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 3 limes, sliced
– 1 lemon
– 8 corn tortillas,
– cilantro leaves for garnish
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
– 1 small bunch Italian parsley
– 1 small bunch cilantro
– 3 Tablespoon oregano
– 4 -5 large garlic cloves, diced
– juice from 1 lemon
– ⅓ c extra virgin olive oil
– ½ red chile pepper
1. To make the Chimichurri sauce: Using a blender, add the parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and red chile pepper. Blend until smooth. Season with the sea salt and if you need to add more lemon juice to the sauce to make it more liquid now is the time to do so. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl toss together the shrimp with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and red pepper flakes. Season well to your taste with the sea salt.
4. Preheat the BBQ to medium heat. Add the shrimp to the grill for about a minute on each side until it curls up and turns pink; making sure not to overcook it. (Please note T.W.O. skewered their shrimp for best grilling results)
5. Heat the corn tortillas on a low open flame. Assemble the tacos garnishing the tacos with fresh cilantro and lemon or lime juice.