With the holidays approaching, T.W.O. spent some time experimenting with recipes this weekend to make sure we have the perfect menu for our Holiday meals. This recipe is a great option for your Friendsgiving feast! It’s non-traditional, but festive and will add a refreshing dish to your table. Find out how to make this easy recipe in just a couple steps! Continue reading “Quinoa and Pomegranate Salad”
It’s Fall (well maybe not so much in Orange Count), so T.W.O. is trying out new recipes that will be delicious for those cozy nights at home. In this post, we are taking one of our favorite vegetables, carrots, and spicing it up with coriander. Continue reading “Roasted Coriander Carrots”
Forget the pineapple and hello apple season! T.W.O. decided to mix up the traditional Pineapple Upside-Down cake and make an Apple Upside-Down cake. It’s literally a burst of Fall in your mouth! Caramelized apples, cinnamon and nutmeg….what is more Fall than that? (Well maybe pumpkin!) Continue reading “Apple Upside-Down Cake”
What’s trending these days? #everythingFall Right? Well T.W.O. is doing just that in our kitchen. Today we are featuring a classic dish, guacamole, and “Fall’in” it up with pomegranates. The pomegranates add a bit of sweetness, tang and crunch to your classic guacamole recipe. Grab your avocados and lets start chopping.
– 4 small avocados or 2 large
– ½ – ¾ cup POM POM pomegranate seeds
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
– 2-4 Tablespoons Tapatio (pending on preference of spice level)
– Krazy Salt
1. Remove skin and pit from avocados. Place in a bowl.
2. Add garlic powder, lemon juice, Tapatio, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Carefully mix in the pomegranate seeds. Plate and serve with your favorite meal, snack or by itself.
Greek yogurt and fruit is a very common breakfast for T.W.O. But lately, this dish has been missing something- crunch! So since it is Fall (even though the weather doesn’t feel like it in California!), we decided to add some Fall flavor to granola! This recipe is so simple and yet so flavorful! The best part about it too is that it is healthy, gluten free and full of nutrients to help start your morning off right. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Crunchy Pumpkin Cranberry Granola
– 3 cups rolled oats
– 2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp ground allspice
– 1 tsp ground nutmeg
– ½ tsp ground ginger
– ½ cup pure maple syrup (or agave/honey)
– ½ cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
– ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
– 2 Tbsp brown sugar
– 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup dried cranberries
– ½ cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients (oats through ginger) and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients (maple syrup through vanilla) with a whisk.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. With a spatula, combine thoroughly before folding in the dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
5. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Cool completely before storing.