Caprese salads are great, but sometimes they can’t be an entire meal. In this post, T.W.O. adds a caprese salad to the top of the turkey burger. It’s a great weekend or weekday meal to add to your menu.
Caprese Turkey Burger
– 1.5 lbs lean ground turkey
– 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 1/2 red onion, sliced
– 1- 8 ounce Bolani Basil Pesto
– 8 basil leaves
– 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
– 4 slices fresh mozzarella
– 4 brioche buns
– Crazy Salt
– Fresh ground pepper
1. In a bowl, mix together ground turkey, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Remove turkey mixture from refrigerator and form four (4) paddies.
3. Preheat barbecue to medium heat.
4. Place burgers on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes. Add fresh mozzarella towards the end to melt. Remove.
5. Assemble burger by spreading pesto on the bun, adding the patty and the top with fresh basil and tomato.