Caprese salads are great, but sometimes they can’t be an entire meal. In this post, T.W.O. adds a caprese salad to the top of the turkey burger. It’s a great weekend or weekday meal to add to your menu. Continue reading “Caprese Turkey Burger”
With Memorial Day weekend approaching us, we are ready to fire up the barbeque and start the kickoff to summer off right – what else than a spicy, fresh, dense turkey burger. It’s not your ordinary burger – it’s a protein packed lean patty. Bikini-worthy too!
Corn, Cilantro and Sriracha Turkey Burgers
– 2 pounds lean ground turkey
– 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
– 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
– 1/3 cup chopped fresh jalapeño
– 1/2 cup minced red onion 1
– 1/2 tablespoons sriracha
– 3 teaspoons garlic, chopped
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon coriander
– 1 3/4 teaspoons Krazy Salt
– Freshly ground black pepper
– cheese (optional)
– Sriracha ketchup*
* Sriracha ketchup is simply mixing the two ingredients together. The more sriracha – the spicier it is!
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, corn, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, sriracha, garlic, cumin, corainer, salt and pepper
3. Take the mixture and form into four- five patties. Make sure the meat is evenly distributed so it cooks evenly.
4. Cook the turkey burgers for about 6-8 minutes per side or until done. If you want cheese, add to the top of the patty with 2 minutes remaining.
5. Remove from heat and place on toasted buns or lettuce for a carb-free choice.
6. Assemble your burger with all your favorite fixings!
Cheers to some great barbeque over Memorial Day Weekend!