Taco Tuesday! Today we are featuring carne asada tacos with roasted butternut squash. It’s a simple, flavorful and hearty meal that will have your audience asking for seconds. Don’t be nervous about using squash in your dish – it makes the tacos sweeter! Happy cooking!
Carne Asada Tacos with Roasted Butternut Squash
– 3 lbs carne asada
– 1 meyer lemon
– 2 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
– 2 Tablespoon onion powder
– 1/2 chopped cilantro
– 2 avocados
– corn tortillas
– 1 butternut squash, cubed
– 1 Tablespoon olive oil
– Krazy Salt
– Sea Salt
– Cilantro (for garnish)
1. Marinate carne asada with lemon, cayenne pepper, onion powder and cilantro. Set aside.
2. On a lined baking sheet (parchment paper), toss cubed butternut squash with olive oil, Krazy Salt and Pepper. Once the oven is at 415 degrees, place sheet in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. At the halfway point, flip the squash.
3. When the squash is about 15 minutes away from being done, put the carne asada on the bbq. Cook until done, but be careful not to overcook. Carne asada cooks fast.
4. Once done, remove and assemble your tacos. Add some tapatio and some salsa and you have your self a delicious dish!