Standing in the fresh produce section and thinking to ourselves, what shall T.W.O. make for dinner tonight?! Well, it’s November and the weather in Southern California is 85 degree so all these Fall recipes didn’t sound appetizing in this heat. We walked down the aisles and decided on lettuce wraps. Random? Maybe! It was a good choice though for this warm night. Below is a simple recipe for those “what to cook nights?” that will have your family wanting seconds.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps with Homemade Spicy Peanut Sauce
– red leaf cabbage
– ground turkey
– crimini mushrooms
– 2 cups rice noodles
– white rice (cooked)
– 1 cup shredded carrots
– 3 cloves garlic
– 1/2 Maui sweet onion, chopped
– 2 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
– 1/4 cup green onions, diced
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce:
– 1/2 cup Justin’s Peanut Butter
– Juice from 1 lemon
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 1/2 Tablespoons sriracha
– 2 Tablespoons almond or cocnut milk
– 1 Tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
– 1/4-1/2 cup hot water (depending on desired consistency)
1. In a pan sauté the onions and garlic. Add the ground turkey. Cook until done.
2. While the ground turkey is cooking, prep the peanut sauce. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Add more or less water depending n desired consistency. Set aside.
3. Cook the rice noodles as directed. Set aside.
4. Chop the green onions and wash the cabbage.
5. Assemble the lettuce wraps with the noodles, turkey mixture and top with the peanut sauce and green onions. Add the white rice to the plate.
Bored of your traditional salad?! We’ll T.W.O. has a new recipe for you! Cabbage crunch salad has been a favorite side dish in T.W.O.’s family for generations. It’s easy, fresh and a crowd pleaser!
– 1 head of green cabbage
– 1 cup green onions, chopped
– 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
– I package chicken top ramen noodles
-3/4 cups rice vinegar
-1/4 cup red wine vinegar
-1/3 cup vegetable oil
-2 tablespoons white sugar
-1 packet top ramen seasoning (included in package with dry noodles)
– Krazy Salt
Using a sharp knife, cut the cabbage in half. Take the “core” out of each half. Next, cut the cabbage in thin slices to create a “slaw”. Put the cut cabbage in a mixing bowl. Add the chopped green onions and cilantro. Break the top ramen into small clusters over the salad. If you are having a hard time breaking the ramen, place the ramen into a Ziploc bag and pound until small clusters are created. Combine the noodles with the cabbage.
For the dressing, add all the ingredients together and mix well. Add fresh ground pepper and Krazy Salt to taste.
Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss. Make sure the dressing, ramen noodles and green onions are evenly distributed throughout the cabbage slaw. After everything is mixed well, cover with foil or plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator. It’s best to let the salad marinate for at least one hour before serving. Serve chilled.
It’s Friday Night Pizza with T.W.O.!! First off, Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone!! Hope you are spending the day with loved ones and enjoying some delicious food! If you haven’t already decided on dinner plans, here is a great last minute recipe to add to your night. Pesto Artichoke & Mushroom Pizza. The pesto combined with the artichoke hearts and mushrooms make this pizza a savory meal that your special someone will surely enjoy! Warning: this pizza contains garlic!
– Pizza dough
– 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
– 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
– 3to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
– 2 to 3 cups mozzarella
* T.W.O. used Bolani Basil Pesto (all natural, low fat)
Preheat oven to 425ᴼF.
Roll out the pizza dough on a floured/ cornmeal surface. Once the dough is evenly rolled out, transfer the dough to a greased cookie sheet. Next, spread the pesto onto the dough, making sure you reach all the edges. Then sprinkle the mozzarella to the pizza. Spread the garlic evenly on top of cheese along with the artichoke hearts and mushrooms.
Let the pizza rise for about 15 minutes. Note – you don’t want to put the pizza in a cold oven, so make sure your oven reaches 425ᴼF. Once the oven is ready, place the pizza in the oven and watch closely. Keep the oven door close so the heat stays in. The pizza will take 15-20 minutes. Once done, take the pizza out of the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes prior to cutting.
Cheers to another successful Friday Night Pizza Night!