Salads don’t have to be boring…especially Summer Salads. T.W.O. loves combining new ingredients to make a delicious, savory, light dish that can be enjoyed at gatherings. In this post, we will be combining Israeli couscous, corn and Halloumi cheese to make a light, refreshing healthy salad! Continue reading “Corn and Couscous Salad with Grilled Halloumi Cheese”
In need of a healthy, fresh and scrumptious dinner? Sick of your salads? Well T.W.O. has a receipt for you. It is a corn salad that bursts of flavor – lemon, cilantro, avocado and peaches. The baja fresh of California!?! We guarantee that if you like shrimp, you will definitely like this recipe!
Roasted Corn Salad with Grilled Shrimp
– 2 cups Trader Joe’s Island Soyaki Marinade
– 3 ears of corn
– 1 avocado
– 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
– 4 Persian cucumbers
– 2 yellow peaches
– 1 1/2 cups hearts of palm, sliced
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil
– ¼ cup lemon juice
– 5 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Marinate the shrimp in the Trader Joe’s Island Soyaki Marinade for at least two hours in the refrigerator.
2. About 20 minutes prior to cooking, remove the shrimp from the refrigerator to bring to room temp. Place shrimp on kebab sticks.
3. Preheat the bbq or cast iron skillet*
4. While the oven or bbq is getting hot, prep the corn. Rub 1 Tablespoon of olive oil on the corn. Season with salt and pepper and wrap with foil.
4. Chop the avocado, peaches, tomatoes, cucumbers, hearts of palm and cilantro.
5. Once the grill is ready, add the corn. Cook for about 20 minutes and then add your shrimp kebabs. The shrimp should only take about 6-8 minutes depending on your heat.
6. While the shrimp and corn are cooking, drizzle the lemon juice and remaining olive oil over the vegetables.
7. Remove the corn from the grill and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice the kernels off the core. Add to the vegetables and mix.
8. Plate the corn salad and top with the grilled shrimp.
*T.W.O. ran out of propaine while they were cooking this meal so we went to Plan B….cast iron skillet. Same great taste as the bbq!