Salads don’t have to be boring…especially Summer Salads. T.W.O. loves combining new ingredients to make a delicious, savory, light dish that can be enjoyed at gatherings. In this post, we will be combining Israeli couscous, corn and Halloumi cheese to make a light, refreshing healthy salad!
Corn and Couscous Salad with Grilled Halloumi Cheese
– 2 cups Israeli couscous
– 3 ears of corn, husked
– 8 ounces Halloumi cheese
– 3 scallions, chopped
– ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
– ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
– ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
– 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
– 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1. Cook the Israeli couscous according to the directions on the box. Drain and let cool. (Do note rinse with water) Once the couscous cools down, mix in 1-2 Tablespoons of lemon juice. Set aside.
2. Boil a large pan with water. Once the water is boiling place corn cobs in the water for about 5 minutes. Remove and blanch (place under cold water) for a couple seconds. Set aside to cool.
3. Pre-heat grill for medium-high heat. Brush the cheese with 1 teaspoon olive oil and place on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes turning the cheese over once. Transfer to a platter to cool.
4. Once the corn is cool, cut the kernels from the cobs and place in a bowl. Add in scallions, parsley, basil, mint and couscous. Cut the Halloumi into cubes and add to the bowl. Toss in lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar. Add more vinegar or lemon juice if desired.
5. Plate and serve!
One thought on “Corn and Couscous Salad with Grilled Halloumi Cheese”
Reblogged this on Smart Food Solutions.