With summer approaching, well in SoCal it already has, T.W.O. wanted to fire up the BBQ and grill some potatoes for their weekend dinner. It’s a great side dish to your meal that is a new spin on traditional potato salad. It’s warm, spicy and refreshing….what else can you ask for?
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallion Vinaigrette and Jalapeños
– As adapted and modified from Food and Wine-
– 1 1/2 lbs. fingerling potatoes
– 10 scallions, cut
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, for dressing and brushing
– 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
– 1 cup lemon juice
– 1 small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1. In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat for about 15 minutes. Drain water and halve potatoes lengthwise.
2. Preheat BBQ. While BBQ is heating, brush the scallions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the bbq for about 2 minutes or lightly charred. Transfer to a plate and cover to let steam for 5 minutes.
3. Brush the potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on foil and add to the bbq for about 5 minutes or lightly charred. Transfer to a bowl.
4. While the potatoes are on the grill, mix together the remaining olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice. Add the scallions to the dressing and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and mix well. Sprinkle the jalapeños over the potatoes and serve.