Side dish season starts NOW! What dish will you be cooking up this Fall Season in preparation for the big Thanksgiving feast?? Try this easy scalloped potato with leek recipe out and see if its a fit for your family!
Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks
– 2.5 lbs golden potatoes
– 2 Tablespoons butter
– 1 cup leeks, finely chopped
– 2 garlic gloves, minced
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 cup 2% milk
– 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
– 1 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350ᴼF. Line a baking dish with butter.
2. Wash and thinly slice the potatoes. Set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium to high heat. Add leeks once the butter is melted and sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in milk, heavy cream. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add potatoes and mix so that the potatoes are coated with the milk. Transfer to a prepared dish.
6. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and cook for about 60 minutes. The liquid should be boil. Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes prior to serving.
One thought on “Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks”
Simple, good and tasty! I love potatoes!