A steak that isn’t meat or doesn’t contain a lot of calories – is this even possible! Well T.W.O. makes is possible with cauliflower! Yes, that’s right we are making steaks with cauliflower! Grab your herbs and mushrooms and lets make this vegetarian dish!
– 1 head cauliflower
– 1 cup mushrooms, diced
– 6 Tablespoons basil olive oil
– 2 teaspoons red pepper (cayenne)
– 3 teaspoons oregano
– 3 teaspoons ground coriander
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 6 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– Krazy Salt
Preheat oven to 415°.
- Cut the cauliflower in half. Remove the steam.
- Take the halves and cut thick slices. You should get a total of 4-6 “steaks” depending on the size of your cauliflower.
- In a pan, heat up 4 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the steaks in the pan and top with all the spices, salt, pepper and balsamic. (Make sure to save ½ the ingredients for each side) Brown each side for about 4 minutes each.
- Remove from the pan and place on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- While the steaks are cooking, sauté mushrooms in the pan with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. The excess spices from the pan will be enough to spice up your mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the cauliflower is done, remove and plate. Top with sautéed mushrooms and greens.
Healthy meal or side dish– you got it!