Fruit in salads not only add flavor, it also helps cleanse your system. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants so there is no reason not to add this to your greens. (Antioxidants are essential to optimizing health by helping combat the free radicals that can damage cellular structures as well as DNA.) Blueberries also help improve memory! Hope you enjoy this salad as much as T.W.O. did!
Detox Tri-tip Salad
-2 cups butter lettuce, chopped
– 2 cups baby romaine, chopped
-1 cup hearts of palm
-2 cups blueberries
– 3/4 cups dried cranberries
– 2 cups Persian cucumbers, diced
– 1/2 cup goat cheese
– Tri-tip season with Montreal Steak Seasoning
– Trader Joes Cilantro lime dressing
1. Place the tri-tip on a heated barbeque. Cook for 30 minutes or until done.
2. While the tri tip is cooking, chop all the vegetables. Leave blueberries and cranberries whole.
3. Plate veggies, top with fruit and goat cheese.
4. Once the meat is done, let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Slice thinly and add to the top of the salad. Pour dressing as needed.
T.W.O. loves salads. And T.W.O. loves steak and sweet potatoes! So put them together and you got yourself a steak salad with sweet potato chips! It’s a great recipe for dinner, day time BBQ or just about any time your heart desires. We love the combination of the steak, garbanzo beans, feta, cilantro dressing and the crunch of the sweet potato chips! Next time you need a new idea for a salad, try this one!
Steak Salad with Sweet Potato Chips
-Top Sirloin Files
-1 large Sweet potato
-Feta Cheese, crumbled
-Salt and Pepper
-Montreal Steak seasoning
-Trader Joe’s Cilantro Lime dressing
1. Preheat oven to 415°F.
2. Next, slice the sweet potato into thin circles and place into a bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potatoes and season with salt, pepper, garlic powered and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Lay the sweet potatoes onto a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper) and place into the oven. Bake for a total of 30-35 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes so chips don’t burn. Make sure to watch the chips so they don’t burn!
3. While the chips are baking, fire up that grill! Season the steak with Montreal Steak seasoning. When the grill is ready, start grilling the steaks. Cook to desire.
4. For the salad, plate mixed greens. Chop up the cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms and green onions and place on top of the greens. Add the garbanzo beans and feta cheese. When the steaks are done, slice thinly and place on salad. Add the sweet potato chips while still hot.
5. Finish the salad with the dressing.
It’s time to eat!