Fruit in salads not only add flavor, it also helps cleanse your system. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants so there is no reason not to add this to your greens. (Antioxidants are essential to optimizing health by helping combat the free radicals that can damage cellular structures as well as DNA.) Blueberries also help improve memory! Hope you enjoy this salad as much as T.W.O. did!
Detox Tri-tip Salad
-2 cups butter lettuce, chopped
– 2 cups baby romaine, chopped
-1 cup hearts of palm
-2 cups blueberries
– 3/4 cups dried cranberries
– 2 cups Persian cucumbers, diced
– 1/2 cup goat cheese
– Tri-tip season with Montreal Steak Seasoning
– Trader Joes Cilantro lime dressing
1. Place the tri-tip on a heated barbeque. Cook for 30 minutes or until done.
2. While the tri tip is cooking, chop all the vegetables. Leave blueberries and cranberries whole.
3. Plate veggies, top with fruit and goat cheese.
4. Once the meat is done, let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Slice thinly and add to the top of the salad. Pour dressing as needed.