I scream, you scream – – – we all scream for ice cream!!!! We know for a fact you will be shouting at the top of your lungs for this recipe. The are a delicious summer time dessert to serve at your next bbq or pool party!
Ice Cream Fudge Sandwich Bars
– 1 batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Recipe HERE)
– 2 pints chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, softened slightly
– 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
– Seran wrap
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Set the cookie dough in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Place a sheet of s warn wrap on top and evenly press or roll the cookie dough to fill the pan.
- Remove the saran wrap and bake the cookie for 14 minutes, until lightly browned. Let the cookie cool completely in the baking pan.
- Invert the cookie onto a work surface and slide it back into the baking pan, bottom side up. Trim the edges if necessary. Scoop the ice cream over the cookie in large dollops.
- Place a sheet of saran wrap on top and press or roll the ice cream into an even layer. Freeze for 1 hour, until the ice cream is just firm.
- Remove the saran wrap. Drizzle the warm chocolate sauce all over the ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour longer, until firm.
- Invert the baking pan onto a cutting board and tap gently to release the cookie bar. Flip the cookie bar over so it is ice cream side up.
- Using a sharp, heavy knife, cut the bar in half crosswise, forming two 9-by-6 1/2-inch rectangles. Sandwich the cookie bar rectangles together and press hard to seal. Wrap in plastic and freeze for at least 1 hour, until firm.
- Cut the sandwhiches into bars and serve or freeze up to 2 weeks in a airtight container.
4 thoughts on “Ice Cream Fudge Sandwich Bars”
So good !
Amazing!! These look phenomenal 🙂 And the packaging is so cute!
Thank you! They were sooo much fun to make!
Oh, YUMMY!!!!! Thanks for this!