Need a fast and easy side dish – T.W.O. has you covered with this mushroom and basil quinoa recipe. It’s light, flavorful and fresh. If you are a mushroom lover, you will love this recipe!
Mushroom & Basil Quinoa
– 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
– 1 cup quinoa
– 1 shallot, chopped
– ¾ cup fresh basil, chopped
– 1/4 cup manchego, shaved
– 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
– 3 garlic cloves, diced
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– ¼ cup lemon juice
– Olive Oil
- Bring 2 cups of water to a bowl. Add quinoa. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, sauté mushrooms, cloves, shallot in olive oil. Add fresh salt and pepper. Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- When the quinoa is done, place in a bowl and mix mushrooms in. Add lemon juice, basil, manchego, salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate and serve hot.
One thought on “Mushroom & Basil Quinoa”