Friday Night Pizza Night with T.W.O. – yes its already that time again! This week, we are featuring a margherita pizza with home sauce. Don’t be intimidated – it’s a beginner’s recipe that tastes like a million dollars! Enjoy your pizza making!
Margherita Pizza with Homemade Sauce
– 1 pizza dough
– 1 can San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes
– 2-3 cups fresh mozzarella, sliced
– 8 leaves basil
– 3 cloves garlic, diced
– 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 415°.
- Roll out pizza dough on a floured/cornmeal surface. Transfer to a greased cookie sheet.
- Pour the tomatoes in a bowl. Chop up the whole tomatoes into quarters.
- Add to a heated skillet lined with olive oil. Sprinkle in garlic powder, salt and pepper. Slowly add cornstarch after the sauce has reached a bowl. Reduce heat and stir consistently. The sauce should thicken. Remove from heat.
- Add the sauce to the top of the pizza dough. Top with garlic cloves. Place the sliced mozzarella on top of the garlic along with the fresh basil.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the pizza sit for 2-4 minutes. Cut and serve.
Cheers to another great Friday Night Pizza Night!