Rice Crispy Treats – – they are good! Good is the key word. T.W.O. wants to make them FANTASTIC! So what we are going to do is add peanut butter, coconut oil, chia seeds and peanut butter cups. Thanks to Justin’s Peanut Butter we were able to make a good dessert a FANTASTIC dessert!
Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
– 4 cups rice crispy cereal
– 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
– 2/3 cups Justin’s creamy Peanut Butter
– 1/3 cup coconut oil
– 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
– 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups
– 3/4 cup chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, combine rice crispy cereal and chia seeds.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Cover and heat for 2-3 minutes or until all the ingredients are melted. Stir occasionally during the cooking time to make sure you don’t overcook.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the cereal and chia seeds.
- Transfer to a parchment paper lined Pyrex.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and chopped Justin’s Peanut Butter cups.
- Place in freezer until set. When it’s ready, use a large knife to cut into squares.
- Plate and serve!
Howdy Houston! This past weekend, a T.W.O. boogied on down to Houston, Texas for the Food & Nutrition Conference (FNCE). I spent most of the time in Downtown Houston, which is filled with some good restaurants, stadiums and parks. Get your cowboy boots on and get ready to “T.W.O.-step” it with me in Houston!
A T.W.O. had the pleasure of eating dinner at the famous Sambuca! They have locations in Dallas, Houston, Nashville and Plano. This restaurant is known for its great food, music and dancing. I experienced some great seafood dishes and live classic rock music by FM Live Band. T.W.O. highly recommends this restaurant!
If you visit Houston, you must go to Pappas Bar-B-Q. All the locals recommended it, so I went! And boy, were our tummies full when I walked out! A T.W.O. would highly suggest ordering the brisket and turkey breast! So moist and tender!
Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse
Got meat? Vic & Anthony’s sure does! A T.W.O. ate a delicious dinner at this recommended steakhouse downtown Houston. The atmosphere reminded us of a Fleming’s or a Morton’s with dim lights and leather chairs. A T.W.O. ordered a roasted beet goat cheese salad, crab cake, and filet and would suggest that all 3 be ordered- especially the crab cake!
Food & Nutrition Conference and Expo
A T.W.O. had the opportunity to attend the FNCE conference in Houston. This conference is catered to food and nutrition professionals and has the latest nutrition science information and foodservice trends. There are over 8,000 attendees and more than 350 exhibitors at this conference. A T.W.O. had a fabulous time exploring the different booths (especially Justin’s and Go Live!) as well as promoting celiac diagnostic testing at the Prometheus Laboratories booth.