Everyone loves a good artichoke dip! Whether it be at a dinner party, football tailgate, holiday party or Superbowl – it is usually a top crowd pleaser. As the holidays are coming our way, the calories increase and so does appetites! So we decided to put a little spin to the traditional Spinach Artichoke dip and make it with Greek yogurt! This is a much healthier option, but don’t be alarmed – the flavor has not been lost! Try it at your next get together!
Spinach Artichoke Dip with Greek Yogurt
– 8 cups fresh spinach
– 2 clove garlic, minced
– 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
– 1 ½ – 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
– 1 cup Chobani Greek yogurt
– 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375⁰ F. Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Blanch spinach. Squeeze excess water.
3. In a bowl, mix together spinach and garlic. Add artichoke hearts, 1-cup mozzarella, Greek yogurt, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Place mixture into prepared casserole dish, layering in the cheese. Make sure to keep some for the top – it’s the best part! Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Serve hot or cold along with your choice of dipper.