T.W.O. decided to indulge in the culture of the world cup and make a modified version of traditional nachos. This modification is similar to that of the Brazilian party time snack! Check out how we turned this recipe into a T.W.O. dish! Note – make it a meal by adding chicken or meat!!
World Cup Nachos
– 3 Russell potatoes
– 4 Tablespoons olive oil
– 1 can black beans, low sodium
– 2 bell peppers
– 2 jalapenos
– 1 cup pico de gallo salsa
– 2 ½ cups jalapeno jack cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 415ᴼ.
2. Wash and dry the potatoes. Thinly slice the potatoes to make “chips”.
3. Brush the potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place potatoes in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until soft.
5. Remove from the oven and top with cheese, jalapenos, black beans and bell pepper.
6. Bring oven to 450ᴼ. Watch carefully. If the top is burning, reduce heat. Make sure the cheese is melted before removing from the oven.
7. Once the nachos are done, remove and let it sit for 3-5 minutes prior to serving.
8. Plate and serve. Top with pico de gallo and your favorite hot sauce.
9. Turn on the World Cup and you have yourself a party!