Tired of your average enchilada dish? Well this dish will definitely activate your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied! This quinoa casserole is a great alternative to traditional enchiladas and is a crowd pleaser! It’s an easy mouthwatering recipe to make for any meal- including for a crowd!
Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Dish
– 2 cups dry Quinoa, cook according to package directions
– 2 Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless, cubed
– 1 ½ cup Sweet Onion, chopped
– 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
– 1 ½ Tablespoon chili powder
– ½ Tablespoon garlic powder
– 2 cups Red Enchilada Sauce
– 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
– 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
– ½ cup green onion, chopped
– Hot Sauce
– Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook quinoa, fluff with a fork and toss with enchilada sauce in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium to high heat. Sauté onion for 5-8 minutes or until brown and caramelized. Add chicken cubes and seasonings (chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, hot sauce and some enchilada sauce). Cook chicken for about 8-10 minutes or until done. Make sure not to overcook the chicken.
3. Add chicken to quinoa and toss to combine. Mix in ½ cup of each kind of cheese to the quinoa and chicken. Place the quinoa into a 9×11 casserole dish. Top with cheeses. Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
4. Set the oven to broil and broil for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
5. Plate the quinoa and top with fresh avocado (or you can make guacamole!), cilantro & green onion. Sour cream and salsa are also great too!
3 thoughts on “Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Dish”
Looks good! Love quinoa.
We’ll have to try that recipe!