For a couple years now, Puglia was on the top of our travel list. It wasn’t until this year we had a chance to go to this lovely region in southeast Italy. After months of research we decided on an itinerary and still feel like we just skimmed the surface of the region. Read more to find out about our 6 days in Puglia!
Travel Tips & Facts
- Most of the tourist in Puglia are European. Don’t expect this to be the case in a couple years, the American tourists will start arriving!
- Make sure you have cash (euros) – some places only take cash like the beach clubs and shop, but you will find most restaurants accept cards.
- Learn some Italian phrases – not many locals speak English here.
- Do you need a car? No, not necessarily. We didn’t want to drive so we used trains, buses, tuk tuk and car service. Very easy!
- Make reservations at the beach clubs (especially if you are going on the weekends)
- If you aren’t staying in a masseria or beach resort, stay in Old Town or walking distance to it.
- Download WhatsApp – great way to communicate with drivers, tour guides or hotels.
2019 Puglia Itinerary – 6 Days
Flight from Mykonos to Bari:
8:40am (arr 9:25am)
Day #1: Polignano a Mare (GUIDE HERE)
• Train to Polignano a Mare
(Take train from Bari Aeroporto to connect in Bari Central and end in Polignano)
• Accommodations: Casamare B&B
Day #2: Martina Franco, Alberobello, Locorotondo (GUIDE HERE)
• Car Service Pickup at 10:00am by Vincenzo (tel: +39 330 70 31 69)
• 11:00am: Wine Tasting at I Pastini Srl
• Tour Alberobello
• Lunch in Locorotondo
• Drop off in Monopoli
• Accommodations: B&B A C-Caste
• Beach Club at La Perla Nera (Monopoli)
• Drinks + Dinner in Monopoli
Day #3: Monopoli (GUIDE HERE)
• Tour Old Town
• La Perla Nera Lido + Lunch
• Afternoon Bus from Monopoli to Otranto
Via Lagravinese, 13
15:40 (arr 18:00)
• Accommodations: Vale dell’Idro Relais Hotel
• Dinner + Old Town
Day #4: Otranto (GUIDE HERE)
• Boat Ride with Tortuga Excursions (with food and drinks)
Fabrizio +39 388 8880201
Day #5: Day Trip to Santa Cesarea Terme
• Driver from hotel to Bagno Marino Archi (Blue Line (+39 329 565 5235)
• Make Reservations: Bagno Marino Archi
(One umbrella and two beds)
Day #6: Lecce (GUIDE HERE)
• Driver from Otranto to Lecce (Blue Line (+39 329 565 5235)
• Accommodations: Robi&B
• Cooking Class with Morasarda Homerestaurant
Day #7: Brindinsi Airport to London
• Brindinsi to London Stansted (STN)
Ryan Air #FR4977
10:35 (arr 12:40pm)
Ciao Ciao until next time !!!! We will be back Puglia.