With 4th of July happening this week, T.W.O. has been testing recipes for their big family barbeque. Not only are the fireworks and celebrations the best part of the day – the menu is just as important. There will for sure be some barbecue meat, ice cream sandwiches, homemade ice cream and summer salads. This year, we are adding a watermelon pizza to the mix – it’s refreshing, light and easy to serve for the 4th! (Little preparation required.) Check out how to make this slice of deliciousness:
– Seedless watermelon
– ½ cup balsamic reduction
– ½ cup feta, crumbled
– Sea Salt
1. Slice the watermelon into thick round slices.
2. Plate the rounds and cut diagonally to make slices.
3. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
4. Sprinkle with feta and top with sea salt.
5. Grab a napkin and enjoy your watermelon pizza slice!
Another way to serve:
Instead of a pizza slice, you can cube the watermelon and place in a bowl. Top with balsamic, sea salt and add mint. It’s a great salad to add to your spread!